Techraider

Airline Card After Bankruptcy

Filed for bankruptcy 3 years ago and have had excellent credit history since then. Never late on payments and pay them off every month. Capital One  upgraded me to a Venture Card but am wanting to get a Southwest Airlines card or US Airways card to build miles up. My FICO is 679. What are my chances?

Valued Contributor
takeshi74

Re: Airline Card After Bankruptcy

[ Edited ]

No idea.  Odds used to be 0 with Chase if one had a BK reporting but recently some have reported being approved with a relatively recent BK.

Valued Contributor
Scupra

Techraider wrote:

Filed for bankruptcy 3 years ago and have had excellent credit history since then. Never late on payments and pay them off every month. Capital One  upgraded me to a Venture Card but am wanting to get a Southwest Airlines card or US Airways card to build miles up. My FICO is 679. What are my chances?

I would take a look at the Barclays Arrival or the Barclays US Airways card. Barclays is BK friendly if you have some good payment history after the BK. I think both cards have some good sign up bonuses as well.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
687 EQ FICO 12/2014
680 TU FICO 12/2014
673 EX FICO 12/2014
$14k NFCU Platinum - $25k NFCU cashRewards Sig - $15k NavChek - $6k Barclay Arrival WEMC - $5k Cap1 Quicksilver - $2.2k Amazon Store - $10k Cap1 VentureOne
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

What current accounts do you have?

is this 679 a TU score?

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Techraider

Currently have Capital One Venture, Barclaycard Rewards and Mastercard Platinum. 679 is my FICO score. Is FICO the main one the company's use? The US Airways card is the one I really want. 

Techraider

TU is 668. Experian is 665. EquiFax is 672. 

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Techraider wrote:

Currently have Capital One Venture, Barclaycard Rewards and Mastercard Platinum. 679 is my FICO score. Is FICO the main one the company's use? The US Airways card is the one I really want. 

You have 2 Barclay Cards already?

you can't have more! Not sure about PC either

Techraider

I have 2 capital one and one barclaycard. Does barclaycard ever upgrade to a miles card?
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Techraider wrote:
I have 2 capital one and one barclaycard. Does barclaycard ever upgrade to a miles card?

I don't think they transfer into or out of partner cards... a few have been lucky to be able to I think but for the most part most have been told no.

Techraider

Yeah I figured they wouldn't do that. I'm gonna get a few things fixed in my credit report before I apply. It is showing late payments and I haven't had any.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}