Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airline GC on Ritz card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Airline GC on Ritz card?

Yep, concurred with SW - definite no no.  They called me to let me know that they let it "slide" last year. Smiley Wink

AFAIK, very few guinea pigs for this year with no solid data on safe GC purchases.  I feel like they'll research every single "airline fee" waiver because of last year's GC fiasco.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have 2015 datapoints?

Every reply given so far pertains to 2015 even if the credit was for 2014.  They have adapted and it would not be wise for you to try for SW or United.  Other than that it's just something you're going to have to try.  What airline are you trying for?

None in particular. Just seeing what people have to say.  I wanted to know if people have done it recently. Not early January or 2014. I've only had the card a few days and haven't had the chance to use incidentals. Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Message 12 of 16
jm1991
Regular Contributor

does anyone know if the transaction is coded differently if bought at the airport counter vs online? i know online the transactions were coded with same numbers. 

Marriott Premier SV: $8,500 Amex blue sky: $24,000 BoA BBR: $3,900 BoA Cash Rewards: $9,100 Ritz Carlton: $5,000 Discover: $5,000
MyFico Score:752
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, concurred with SW - definite no no.  They called me to let me know that they let it "slide" last year. Smiley Wink

AFAIK, very few guinea pigs for this year with no solid data on safe GC purchases.  I feel like they'll research every single "airline fee" waiver because of last year's GC fiasco.

I dunno..

It seems like there would have been WORSE runs on the airline fee waivers in the past as this card has existed for some time.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I dunno..

It seems like there would have been WORSE runs on the airline fee waivers in the past as this card has existed for some time.

Ah touche - I keep thinking the card's only been around mid 2014.  My basis was very limited as I was judging it only from this forum's standpoint and the discussions in the 140k thread. 

Message 15 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I did 4x$75 SW gift cards in the last week of 2014 (though I wouldnt try it now) and 2x$150 delta gift cards in the first week of 2015. No issues for me yet, though experiences vary greatly. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.