cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alaska Airlines Platinum Vs. Signature Bonus Points - WE WIN!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Alaska Airlines Platinum Vs. Signature Bonus Points - WE WIN!

I previously posted my partner was approved after verification for $1k because of his total exposure with BofA (BofA Cash $30k and Fidelity $50k) He tried to speak with credit to move CL from BofA Cash to bring Alaska to $5k instantly so that it would qualify for the 25k mile bonus vs just the 5k mileage bonus of the platinum.  That rep said it was not possible to move CL yet because the card was not even set up in the system. (that's a flaw!)

I think what he actually should have done is just honored a CLI to the Alaska to $5k and then log into the Cash Card and CLD.

Anyway, called today and complained that this gave him a bad taste for his long and very good relationship with BofA and that the card was worthless without the bonus.

After the VERY NICE rep spoke with supervisor he put in a request for the 25k mile bonus be given!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alaska Airlines Platinum Vs. Signature Bonus Points - WE WIN!

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 6
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!!  When I got this card, I first signed up with Alaska Airlines mileage program in June 2015 and last month, they sent me a pre-selected app for 30k miles and 1.9% APR for the 1st 7 months and then 14.24% APR.

I already had the BBR Visa @ 6k and beats me why they took 500 bucks from the BBR to give me a 12k on the Alaska.  Anyways, in the letter it states:  You have the ability to manage your total credit lines based on your preferences.  If you'd like to adjust credit lines among your accounts, simply call us at the number listed below.

1-866-811-4108.     

I know BofA does a HP to reallocate lines between cards, but it sounds like they are given me the option to do otherwise....I don't know.

Anyways, congrats

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@fedxboy wrote:

Congratulations!!!  When I got this card, I first signed up with Alaska Airlines mileage program in June 2015 and last month, they sent me a pre-selected app for 30k miles and 1.9% APR for the 1st 7 months and then 14.24% APR.

@I already had the BBR Visa @ 6k and beats me why they took 500 bucks from the BBR to give me a 12k on the Alaska.  Anyways, in the letter it states:  You have the ability to manage your total credit lines based on your preferences.  If you'd like to adjust credit lines among your accounts, simply call us at the number listed below.

1-866-811-4108.     

I know BofA does a HP to reallocate lines between cards, but it sounds like they are given me the option to do otherwise....I don't know.

Anyways, congrats

After first being approved, they will use same pull if you want to move CL's around... it's later if they don't have a report on file they will ask for HP.

Message 4 of 6
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Oh, that's good to hear, thx   I guess I shouldn't wait too much longer thenSmiley Wink

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 5 of 6
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Congrats!. Dont forget that AK airlines curr has a promo right now where you can buy miles and get up to a 50% bonus.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.