Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alaskan airline reqs

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Alaskan airline reqs

Basically you send a letter, certified mail, to the original creditor and plead your case for them to update the status of the account.  It can be discouraging because results are not instant, but when you get one of them to "goodwill" a derogatory, it feels pretty darn good.  It's really the most important part of rebuilding.  Check out the rebuilding forum, there's a lot of good info and insight over there. 

Back to the cards, have you tried Barclays pre-qualifier?  You might have a chance with their "Rewards card for average credit"

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/ProactivePrescreenLanding.action

Message 11 of 13
Kida0320

Thank you. Yes I was approved for the Barclay reward card last month with a $2500 limit. Love it! Already earned over 3,000 pts. Great card!
Thanks for all the insight everyone
Message 12 of 13
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

IMO, a 650 FICO is borderline low for BoA; However, one app for the Alaska Airlines card could qualify you for 1 of the 3 "tiers" either the Signature ($5000 +), Platinum ($2000-$4999), or Preferred (less than $2000). So, if you are borderline you could possibly get approved for a lower tier card. 

The Alaska Airlines card will be one of my next cards. The mileage program is great for me living in the PNW (just relocated for work), and the great partner programs they have with Delta & American Airlines where they offer the perks just as if you were on their FF programs as well. The main airlines I would use are Alaska, Delta, and American to fly anywhere we would need to fly to so it works out great for us. Plus, they have some of the cheapest nonstop flights to Hawaii as well, which is MUCH cheaper than we use to price from the middle of the US. 

Anyway, good luck!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.