Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert: Discover More extra cash back on 10/26

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Alert: Discover More extra cash back on 10/26

Those of you who own a Discover More card may be aware that tomorrow Discover will give you an extra 2% cash back on all purchases. It's not too early to plan what to buy tomorrow. The best way to ensure your purchase posts on the same day is to buy electronic gift cards. And don't forget to shop through ShopDiscover to earn even more cash back from Discover's partners.

Don't forget to active this deal from your Discover online account if you haven't done so already.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
nois
Regular Contributor

Re: Alert: Discover More extra cash back on 10/26

Thanks! Just signed up for double (2%) cash back for 10/26.

FEB 2014 EQ: 798 EX: 780 TU: 798
Message 2 of 10
trishdadish
Regular Contributor

I am new to Discover More. It seems to me that if they are giving out an "extra" 2% on 10/26, and it was a 1% CB purchase normally, that this would be 3% to expect back on 10/26, not 2x. Please correct me if I am on the wrong track...

All 3 bureaus (per Amex CreditSecure FAKO) are still 748 (as of 12/19/13). Cards: Discover It, $12,100, Chase Freedom $3,300, Chase Amazon $1,500, Walmart store $11,000, AMEX Zync NPSL, Costco Amex $14,700. US. Bank Cash +, $5,000. AMEX SPG $6,000, PenFed Plat. Cash Rewards $17,500, PenFed P-LOC $10,000, Citi Forward $5,100, Chase Slate $5,000, Old Navy, $2,200.
Message 3 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

It's an extra 2%, stackable on top of any regular cash back. So yes, a regular 1% would be bumped to 3%.

Message 4 of 10
nois
Regular Contributor

@trishdadish wrote:

I am new to Discover More. It seems to me that if they are giving out an "extra" 2% on 10/26, and it was a 1% CB purchase normally, that this would be 3% to expect back on 10/26, not 2x. Please correct me if I am on the wrong track...

No, purchases on 10/26 do not count towards the annual purchases eligible to earn 1% Cashback Bonus. This means you would earn 2% cashback bonus, not 3%.

FEB 2014 EQ: 798 EX: 780 TU: 798
Message 5 of 10
andre181
Established Contributor

iPad Mini preorder starts tomorrow. I'll be ordering mine through ShopDiscover and earning 12% cash back 

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reminder, just signed up for it.... To bad I will be in school for most of the day LOL

Message 7 of 10
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Also Microsoft Store has 5% plus the standard 5%+2% towards Windows 8, also tomorrow Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 10
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the tip about electronic giftcards.  I'm definitely doing that.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 9 of 10
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@andre181 wrote:

iPad Mini preorder starts tomorrow. I'll be ordering mine through ShopDiscover and earning 12% cash back 

For all of you planning on doing some online shopping for this "extra 2%", Discover will not give you the extra 2% if the purchase doesn't POST on 10/26. Most times when you purchase online the transaction doesn't post until the ship date.

I went through this last time they advertised this. Emailed Discover before I bought and asked about the discrepancy that would likely occur in dates. Discover emailed back that there was no worry...I'd still get the 2%. After my statement posted and I checked the dates, nothing I bought posted on the date I purchased. I called Discover to ask how they would know that I purchased on the correct day. They told me they didn't "have a way to track that". She said she would "adjust" my account and give me the 2%.

You will have to call or email Discover to get your extra 2% because it likely won't have today's date. I jumped through a lot of hoops to get my extra 8 bucks...but I did it out of principle. Be prepared to spend your time trying to earn your "extra reward".

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.