cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All 3 Credit Bureaus not updating (Discover)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

All 3 Credit Bureaus not updating (Discover)

My Discover statement closes on the 12th each month, and reports then. It has always updated on reports within a couple days. For some reason, it has yet to show up on any of the 3 bureaus this month, now almost 2 weeks after it should. I just (begrudgingly) paid to pull all 3 reports again to confirm this.

I have called Discover (3 different times got 3 different people, just to test responses) and they confirmed that my balance was reported on 10/13. I did get an auto-CLI this cycle, any chance that would have something to do with it?

Any other month I would probably be more patient, but I am looking to optimize my score before applying for a couple new cards. This balance update would bring UTL from 32% down to 2% (single card and aggregate).

I realize there can be delays in bureau updating, but nothing from any of the 3 yet? Seems odd to me. Is there any way to directly contact the bureaus to ask why my reports aren't being updated with Discover's info? I realize I could start a dispute, but by the time that gets resolved (up to 30 days?!) it should have reported, or my next statement will have cut. The phone numbers I've found are either incorrect or just for automated ordering. Any secrets on how to speak to a real person?

Anyone else have issues, now or in the past, of unusually long reporting lag times?

And yes, I found this thread that was good for a laugh Smiley Tongue

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Classic-TheNewWorldMan-How-the-credit-bureaus-update-yo...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

Re: All 3 Credit Bureaus not updating...

@Anonymous wrote:

My Discover statement closes on the 12th each month, and reports then. It has always updated on reports within a couple days. For some reason, it has yet to show up on any of the 3 bureaus this month, now almost 2 weeks after it should. I just (begrudgingly) paid to pull all 3 reports again to confirm this.

I have called Discover (3 different times got 3 different people, just to test responses) and they confirmed that my balance was reported on 10/13. I did get an auto-CLI this cycle, any chance that would have something to do with it?

Any other month I would probably be more patient, but I am looking to optimize my score before applying for a couple new cards. This balance update would bring UTL from 32% down to 2% (single card and aggregate).

I realize there can be delays in bureau updating, but nothing from any of the 3 yet? Seems odd to me. Is there any way to directly contact the bureaus to ask why my reports aren't being updated with Discover's info? I realize I could start a dispute, but by the time that gets resolved (up to 30 days?!) it should have reported, or my next statement will have cut. The phone numbers I've found are either incorrect or just for automated ordering. Any secrets on how to speak to a real person?

Anyone else have issues, now or in the past, of unusually long reporting lag times?

And yes, I found this thread that was good for a laugh Smiley Tongue

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Classic-TheNewWorldMan-How-the-credit-bureaus-update-your/m-p/1336807/highlight/true#M374233

Discover lied to you, yes its related to cli. The skip a reporting cycle when you get cli, next cycle they should report again. If you really want them to report her is what you need to do: send  them a secure msg or call them and ask for a 'off cycle reporting' 

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, so it was the CLI after all...Does every CCC do that, or just certain ones, like Discover in this case? Interesting.

It does bother me that the CSRs wouldn't say that though. I mean, if that's their policy to skip a cycle when getting a CLI, fine. Honest communication is all I ask for.

Thank you very much for the response and suggestion. I think I will just wait it out until next month. If I had them report now, I'd have to make a payment first, as UTL would not be optimized as I would like due to charges put on so far this cycle. It is better than what is currently showing, but I'd really like to see the best score I can get with what I have.

Thanks again for the info! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: All 3 Credit Bureaus not updating (Discover)

I had the exact same issue. My credit limit was increased from $1,000 to $2,500 in late August, just three days after my statement had closed.

When the next statement closed on September 25th, I was anxiously waiting to see the new credit limit reporting. However, it did not report the next day, or the day after, or for weeks after.

I called Discover and a CSR assured me the account had been reported. The account was not reported again until the October statement posted.
Message 4 of 7
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah, so it was the CLI after all...Does every CCC do that, or just certain ones, like Discover in this case? Interesting.

It does bother me that the CSRs wouldn't say that though. I mean, if that's their policy to skip a cycle when getting a CLI, fine. Honest communication is all I ask for.

Thank you very much for the response and suggestion. I think I will just wait it out until next month. If I had them report now, I'd have to make a payment first, as UTL would not be optimized as I would like due to charges put on so far this cycle. It is better than what is currently showing, but I'd really like to see the best score I can get with what I have.

Not every CCC do this, DW Freedom reported as usual after the auto-CLI, BofA reported as usual also.

Chase even report 2 times when she left a balance at closing and later when she PIF (all balance). Is nice to knwo that Chase will report when you pay to $0 balance, so no need to PIF before statement to get $0 reported.

Message 5 of 7
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: All 3 Credit Bureaus not updating (Discover)

@Anonymous wrote:
I had the exact same issue. My credit limit was increased from $1,000 to $2,500 in late August, just three days after my statement had closed.

When the next statement closed on September 25th, I was anxiously waiting to see the new credit limit reporting. However, it did not report the next day, or the day after, or for weeks after.

I called Discover and a CSR assured me the account had been reported. The account was not reported again until the October statement posted.

Same for me 1 month later, $1000 to $2,500 in September after statement closed, no report October and reported new limit November.

Message 6 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@newhis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not every CCC do this, DW Freedom reported as usual after the auto-CLI, BofA reported as usual also.

Chase even report 2 times when she left a balance at closing and later when she PIF (all balance). Is nice to know that Chase will report when you pay to $0 balance, so no need to PIF before statement to get $0 reported.

I recently just discovered this exact same thing. I am very new to Chase, got Freedom in July. At first when i did a PIF and checked reports i thought it was a rare occurance but nope, not at all, subsequent PIF's resulted in REPORTING!! Thanks Chase Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.