Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All IHG Cardholders Check Your Accounts.. Multiple Fraud Reported

tag
msbia
Established Contributor

Re: All IHG Cardholders Check Your Accounts.. Multiple Fraud Reported

@Saleen099 wrote:

Wow I just literally got off the phone with Chase because somebody use my IHG card in Guatemala at a telecommunications for $3.25.  I received the text email and phone call from Chase literally back to back about the situation.   

Also I failed to mention that they shut down all 8 of my  accounts and are re-issuing brand-new cards to me overnight and also right now I'm on the phone with the bank because something happened there to.   If I could use profanity right now I would. Smiley Mad

Saleen, thank you for your input as well. I think that small charge is what happened to my card too...it was declined because they had the wrong expiration date. If three just in this forum report this on the same card, it is probably much larger than we think. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 21 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reporting this, baller. It really helps the rest of us to remember to be more vigilant. I do have alerts, but not on all my cards. Changing that today. Again, thanks.

Message 22 of 89
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

Wow I just literally got off the phone with Chase because somebody use my IHG card in Guatemala at a telecommunications for $3.25.  I received the text email and phone call from Chase literally back to back about the situation.   

Also I failed to mention that they shut down all 8 of my  accounts and are re-issuing brand-new cards to me overnight and also right now I'm on the phone with the bank because something happened there to.   If I could use profanity right now I would. Smiley Mad

Omg, this isn't good at all... So are folk just targeting co branded accounts ? Hmmmmm

at this point , all 3 of y'all have my permission to cuss .. Who's first ? You will be graded on creativity , sentence structure , and number of cuss 

words used in each sentence (run-on sentences permitted ). Whenever you pause to swallow and smack, then that's where you place the period.

GO !!!!!

Message 23 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

sdwerghuyjioklpsazxcvbnmqdxzqftlm

Maximum usage of keyboard letters Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 89
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

I got hit on mine Saturday night at 11:46.

mojang.com-  for $26.95

Thankfully I had text alerts set up, called yesterday morning and have a new card on the way.

IME-  It always seems to be my chase cards that get hit at least once or twice a year.

Message 25 of 89
msbia
Established Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

Omg, this isn't good at all... So are folk just targeting co branded accounts ? Hmmmmm

at this point , all 3 of y'all have my permission to cuss .. Who's first ? You will be graded on creativity , sentence structure , and number of cuss 

words used in each sentence (run-on sentences permitted ). Whenever you pause to swallow and smack, then that's where you place the period.

GO !!!!!

I'm not gonna cuss, so I lose by default LOL. Your post definitely made me laugh though.

Hum, I appreciate you reporting this and i believe there are probably more cards compromised than we think. The ball is in Chase's court now. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 26 of 89
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

My point WASN'T that people should not report them, or that the issuer would not find them helpful.   Merely that it is not surprising that there are lots of duplicate charges, which people seemed to find surprising.

That said, to complete my non-FSR rant, IT IS NOT THAT HUGE A DEAL.   Annoying yes, crime against humanity?  Probably not.   So praying to have some time with them seems way out of proportion compared to what goes on in the rest of the world.    Plus, some of the gangs are headed by very nice people from the former SU, and you probably don't want to be anywhere near any of them.

If you use your cards heavily, you might waste MORE time looking at every single alert, than dealing with the very occassional fraud that does come up.   But your choice.

Message 27 of 89
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

This is just too much and way over the line IMO.

Come on! Chase and reorganize COMPLETELY your card number system already.

For you members who don't know (but some of you do), i have been monitoring Chase fraud posts here and other forums for well over a year now and it just doesn't stop. Now i know ALL lenders experience this but Chase is been and continues to be front & center consistently without fail. So when do they take some serious action to remedy their top position in these cases?

There's nothing more i would love to do then use Chase cards (only have 1 now CSP) because they have great Hotel and Travel cards but just like Lenders get spooked i got severely spooked a year ago when the forum was flooded with these fraud reports (yes flooded at the time) and ever since then i have not been able to bring myself to trust them in the same manner that i do with my other lenders/cards.

They seem way too easy to breach that it isn't even funny. Currently i've laid a BT for 12 months 0% with their CSP card and that's all i intend to do until something changes somewhere about this. They are in my book (and have been) much too frequent to stomach to just be occasional random occurances.

Thanks for sharing this experience which once again personally just confirms my same suspicions i've held all along about Chase.

Message 28 of 89
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

I think what would piss someone off worse than anything would be.........

if if the account had been inactive for sometime and then their reports a inactive account is active again 

and they LOST POINTS ...... 

Message 29 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

This is just too much and way over the line IMO.

Come on! Chase and reorganize COMPLETELY your card number system already.

For you members who don't know (but some of you do), i have been monitoring Chase fraud posts here and other forums for well over a year now and it just doesn't stop. Now i know ALL lenders experience this but Chase is been and continues to be front & center consistently without fail. So when do they take some serious action to remedy their top position in these cases?

There's nothing more i would love to do then use Chase cards (only have 1 now CSP) because they have great Hotel and Travel cards but just like Lenders get spooked i got severely spooked a year ago when the forum was flooded with these fraud reports (yes flooded at the time) and ever since then i have not been able to bring myself to trust them in the same manner that i do with my other lenders/cards.

They seem way too easy to breach that it isn't even funny. Currently i've laid a BT for 12 months 0% with their CSP card and that's all i intend to do until something changes somewhere about this. They are in my book (and have been) much too frequent to stomach to just be occasional random occurances.

Thanks for sharing this experience which once again personally just confirms my same suspicions i've held all along about Chase.

+1000

My card was new and had not even been out of the house yet. Smiley Sad

Message 30 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.