tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: All IHG Cardholders Check Your Accounts.. Multiple Fraud Reported

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got hit too. MOJANG.COM for $26.95

Why is Chase not catching these now? It seems obvious...

So I called Chase fraud/security last night and they of course took care of the transaction and cancelled my card and re-issued a new one. I alerted them to the fact that I'm not the only one experiencing fraudulent transactions on these cards right now and they need to investigate further. The woman was really dismissive, so that wasn't impressive to me. I urged her to look at my other Chase card accounts to make sure nothing looked suspcious and insisted again she raise concerns internally in case there has been a data breach involving IHG card accounts.

I haven't used a website in a long time that doesn't validate expiration date and/or CVV codes, so I have a hard time believing that card numbers are just being guessed. If that is the case, these merchants are the ones at fault for not adequately validating card information.

I'm sure they field lots of fraud calls on a daily basis. So, it's probably not the big deal to them as it is to us. Hey wasn't the chip technology SUPPOSED to cut down fraudulent charges a great deal?

Right, but I made it apparent that "hey, I'm not an idiot. There is a trend here as a small sampling of people are reporting the same and similar fraudulent transactions on just this one co-branded card online... you really should investigate to see if there was a data breach"

I'll be honest, it pissed me off that I wasn't taken seriously and it makes me kind of want to close my Chase accounts as they're my primary bank.

Message 71 of 89
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: All IHG Cardholders Check Your Accounts.. Multiple Fraud Reported

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got hit too. MOJANG.COM for $26.95

Why is Chase not catching these now? It seems obvious...

So I called Chase fraud/security last night and they of course took care of the transaction and cancelled my card and re-issued a new one. I alerted them to the fact that I'm not the only one experiencing fraudulent transactions on these cards right now and they need to investigate further. The woman was really dismissive, so that wasn't impressive to me. I urged her to look at my other Chase card accounts to make sure nothing looked suspcious and insisted again she raise concerns internally in case there has been a data breach involving IHG card accounts.

I haven't used a website in a long time that doesn't validate expiration date and/or CVV codes, so I have a hard time believing that card numbers are just being guessed. If that is the case, these merchants are the ones at fault for not adequately validating card information.

I'm sure they field lots of fraud calls on a daily basis. So, it's probably not the big deal to them as it is to us. Hey wasn't the chip technology SUPPOSED to cut down fraudulent charges a great deal?

Right, but I made it apparent that "hey, I'm not an idiot. There is a trend here as a small sampling of people are reporting the same and similar fraudulent transactions on just this one co-branded card online... you really should investigate to see if there was a data breach"

I'll be honest, it pissed me off that I wasn't taken seriously and it makes me kind of want to close my Chase accounts as they're my primary bank.

Yeah I totally feel ya. We're just a small sampling of cardholders. So if more than one of us are getting hit with the same charges, just imagine how many it could be worldwide. SMH. You would think Chase would be more concerned about this issue!!

Message 72 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase IHG Fraud

Add me to the list, I was hit last Thursday or Friday with this same charge.  Was told there were multiple attempts over several days before it wen through.  Not impressed with the security at Chase over these issues, this was in fact my first fradulent charge in my life.  I've had the IHG card for a whole 6 months too.

Message 73 of 89
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Add me to the list, I was hit last Thursday or Friday with this same charge.  Was told there were multiple attempts over several days before it wen through.  Not impressed with the security at Chase over these issues, this was in fact my first fradulent charge in my life.  I've had the IHG card for a whole 6 months too.

Wow! Coincidence? I think not!

Message 74 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow! Coincidence? I think not!

I agree!

Message 75 of 89
erdoganog
Valued Member

WOW!!!! I got hit like 2 weeks ago too!!!  Location said UK was like 23$ something for Majong.com

Began 8/2015
Goal 10/2016 Garden

Message 76 of 89
erdoganog
Valued Member

Maybe was a breach at IHG (Holidayinn) ??? i did use this card once there couple months ago

Began 8/2015
Goal 10/2016 Garden

Message 77 of 89
baller4life
Super Contributor

@erdoganog wrote:

Maybe was a breach at IHG (Holidayinn) ??? i did use this card once there couple months ago

There was definitely a breach some place. I haven't used my card at Holiday Inn. Has anyone else?

Message 78 of 89
erdoganog
Valued Member

And just other than that i have use it only once at these places in store

"Home Depot"

"WalMart"

"Dunkin Donuts"

NY Ezpass 

Paypal.com order

I Strongly believe there was a breach at IGH or one of the 3 store names i  "    "

Began 8/2015
Goal 10/2016 Garden

Message 79 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used my card at a few Holiday Inn locations, and a whole lot of other places too. That said not once been used at WalMart, Home Depot or Dunkin Donuts.

It would seem to be a Chase issue to me, I doubt IHG has all the card numbers as what would they do with them? They only care about the rewards club number and would let the CC vendor handle the banking side of the card. Also, were it a store then it would not be just IHG cards affected. The only thing I can figure is that the card number generator has been guessed or leaked so they can generate valid card numbers but they do not know the expiration dates. That would explain why they are guessing that part. Who knows I guess, but definitely unusual, but from reading elsewhere it is not unusual for Chase.

Message 80 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.