Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Macy's Visa Cardholders

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

All Macy's Visa Cardholders

Hi everyone,

I have a Macy's Visa and I have recently seen posts that cardholders have either received letters notifying them their accounts are going to be convereted to AMEX cards or that thier accounts do not qualify for the conversion.

As of today, I have recived either one of the letters.  If you have received a letter, when did you receive it and if you don't mind sharing, when does your visa expire?  I think they are sending out letters based on when cards expire, but when I call I keep getting conflicting information.  Smiley Mad

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: All Macy's Visa Cardholders

just for you I had to go dig my card out to see when it expires... 10/10

I received my letter that I would get Amex just last week

Message 2 of 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I have store card and today I went to store to find out if they can upgrade my store card to amex. CSR  called the credit department and they said they will mail things. i am  not sure what they are mailing.

Message 3 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't know what you would be mailed, you have to call in and submit application to be upgraded to visa... maybe because they are so close to conversion they can't submit for upgrade?

Message 4 of 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I don't know what you would be mailed, you have to call in and submit application to be upgraded to visa... maybe because they are so close to conversion they can't submit for upgrade?

I have no idea. You are right their systems are not setup yet to handle the upgrade. I am going to call them tomorrow and see what they say. I have tried for visa upgrade 2-3 times before and they always declined it. I am not very excited about asking them for upgrade to Amex. Only reason I want to ask is the card looks really looks nice. Other than that I have no love or desire for the upgrade.

Message 5 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

they have a screw loose if they don't approve you... I mean you get every other card under the sun Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 17
jefftca925
Established Contributor

My Macy's VISA doesn't expire until Sept 2011 so I imagine I will be close to the last to convert... not worried about it though.  I use the card for small purchases every month pretty much and PIF.  I love Macys' Smiley Wink

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 7 of 17
techman2008
New Contributor

I didn't received any letters in the mail.  I got an email from Macy's saying my macy's amex will be shipping to me soon.  This was sent on Aug 14.  My visa expired in sept.

Starting Score: TU 797 EQ 798 EX 774 10/26/2008
Current Score: TU 787 EQ 784 EX ??? 09/19/2010
Goal Score: 790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 17
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

My Visa expires in September and I still haven't heard from them. Ugh.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for your replies!

This information really helps. My card does not expire until September 2011 so I guess I will one of the last accounts that are reviewed.  Macy's tends to do a poor job training thier customer service reps when they are going through changes.  I was told by three different CSR's that I would receive my card by the end of last week, well come to find out, my account has not even been reviewed yet!   Luckily I have a contact in their Executive offices and I called her she told me how this whole conversion thing works...Macy's plans on having all accounts converted no later than Feb 2011.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.