cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All creditirs are pulling my EQ, but not TU or EX.

tag
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Re: All creditirs are pulling my EQ, but not TU or EX.

@cottoncrown wrote:
I'm in Oregon. I continued over a year period as I had no idea about secured cards and thought that eventually I would get a card. I just didn't know. It was over 12 months or so. Some bank tellers told me to apply too, which now I know they were just making money from the apps.

If a secured card was a better option back then and Cap1 denied you, some of your apps like Amex and BoA(Depending on the card you were after) were likely shooting too high for you profile at the time. Are you sure in 6 months you'll be ready for Amex?

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 11 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

All EX in your state but lately they have been doing some double pulls on EQ also YMMV

I sent you a PM check it out 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 14
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

Well I think that eight months of use on three cards will look pretty good. I have two secured and a discover. Well see I guess. @myjourney thanks!
Message 13 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@cottoncrown wrote:
@Anonymous I think that eight months of use on three cards will look pretty good. I have two secured and a discover. Well see I guess. @myjourney thanks!

Your welcome glad to help

Here's what you do. If you have a CR handy tally up the dates of the INQ's and see which is 6 month 1 year etc

The effect of a one year INQ is minimal so it won't effect you much it will just remain on your CR for another year

Then plan your app and cards around when they either are falling off or on a CB which has much less in your case TU and EX

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.