Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my pretty plastic and huge thanks to my fico

tag
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

All my pretty plastic and huge thanks to my fico

I now have a ton of pretty plastic that I was able to get because of all of the knowledge from my fico I started here with one credit card and it was a cap one secured with 200 cl. I know have cap one no hassle rewards 500 cl with credit steps. Discover more 1000cl Barclaycard financing apple 1000cl Walmart card with 700 cl Carnival card 500cl As you can see I've come a long way in just a month and a half and thank everyone here for it and am now ready to sit back in the garden and watch my seedlings grow and see my score skyrocket I have 0 baddies on any reports just a ton of inq but that does not bother me I am not needing anything and just want to take care of the cards I have. And just a quick question if I am to garden for 18 months and keep util below 10% and pay as normal do you think I have a chance of joining the 800 club when my inq fall off and possibly maybe the perfect score of 850 due to no baddies and perfect history and util maybe a little lower than 10% do I have a chance
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: All my pretty plastic and huge thanks to my fico

@Carlile92 wrote:
And just a quick question if I am to garden for 18 months and keep util below 10% and pay as normal do you think I have a chance of joining the 800 club when my inq fall off and possibly maybe the perfect score of 850 due to no baddies and perfect history and util maybe a little lower than 10% do I have a chance

In 18 months? No.

Credit scoring is a marthon, not a sprint.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 12
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Carlile92 wrote:
And just a quick question if I am to garden for 18 months and keep util below 10% and pay as normal do you think I have a chance of joining the 800 club when my inq fall off and possibly maybe the perfect score of 850 due to no baddies and perfect history and util maybe a little lower than 10% do I have a chance

In 18 months? No.

Credit scoring is a marthon, not a sprint.

Good luck!

no

Message 3 of 12
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

When I was asking about 850 I meant like if I kept with it would I have a chance at it but in 18 months do you think I could join the 800 club or even close
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 4 of 12
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Carlile92 wrote:
When I was asking about 850 I meant like if I kept with it would I have a chance at it but in 18 months do you think I could join the 800 club or even close, geting close yes,, i figure im 100 away and thats pretty good

no i dont, iv been working very hard and im still only mid 700's, i saw 1 post, the guy is a banker and he has only seen 1 850 in his life time

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carlile92 wrote:
When I was asking about 850 I meant like if I kept with it would I have a chance at it but in 18 months do you think I could join the 800 club or even close

Give it ten to fifteen years, then maybe you can consider being in the 800's.

A "few" on-time payments doesn't get you a perfect (or anywhere close) score.  There are some sticky threads about what high scorers typically have for a credit profile.  Put it to you this way, you have had 5 cards for about a year or so (round numbers)... That is about ~60 on time payments.  Good job.

A high scorer (not even necessarily 800+ or anywhere close to 850) may have 25-30 accounts with an average account age of 9 years.  2700-3200 on time payments.  That is someone banks look at with confidence.  Get on a good pace, make progress, and you will get there, eventually.  But not anytime soon.  Aim for 600, then 650, then 700, then 725, then 750, then 760, etc.. make realistic goals after doing your due diligence with this wealth of knowledge on these boards.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 12
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Carlile92 wrote:

Give it ten to fifteen years, then maybe you can consider being in the 800's.

A "few" on-time payments doesn't get you a perfect (or anywhere close) score.  There are some sticky threads about what high scorers typically have for a credit profile.  Put it to you this way, you have had 5 cards for about a year or so (round numbers)... That is about ~60 on time payments.  Good job.

A high scorer (not even necessarily 800+ or anywhere close to 850) may have 25-30 accounts with an average account age of 9 years.  2700-3200 on time payments.  That is someone banks look at with confidence.  Get on a good pace, make progress, and you will get there, eventually.  But not anytime soon.  Aim for 600, then 650, then 700, then 725, then 750, then 760, etc.. make realistic goals after doing your due diligence with this wealth of knowledge on these boards.

Good luck!

amen,, well said

Message 7 of 12
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

I just broke 800 last month (814) and here's what it took to get there for me:

Oldest account: 12 years

AAoA: 6 years

# of accounts: 11 (4 open CC, 1 open SL, 1 open auto, 2 closed CC, 3 closed auto, no mortgage)

Total limits: $39,800

Utilization: 8%

Inquiries: 2 (1 in last year)

No baddies on report.

So it can be done, and you're off to a good start. Just don't expect it to be overnight.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 12
dalebb
Valued Contributor

well done Tom

Message 9 of 12
dalebb
Valued Contributor

dont go crazy with all that pretty plastic,,, like uborrow upay says,,, u borrow u pay....

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.