cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of these AMEX threads are killin' me!!!!

tag
aftermath
Established Contributor

Re: All of these AMEX threads are killin' me!!!!

Trishco wrote:
Umm....Citi denied me too!  I just wanted those reward cards is all...Smiley Tongue

I've got Chase now and they pc me to the perfect for the rewards so I'm happy!  Only a 1400 cl but its a start.  Then I got Amazon with a 4000 cl couple of days later so I think I'm gonna see if I can charm them into switching the cl's.  I'd rather the 1400 be on amazon as I'll only use it for the college txtbooks I order!

I'm beginning to think ya'll are conspiring together to get me guaranteed placement at the concord/sleigh center!!

If you are too nervous to apply for Amex, I'll do it for you.  Email me your social security number.  I'll let you know if you get approved! Smiley Tongue
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 11 of 32
BundiFan
Regular Contributor

Which amex give you the best chance of being approved with a low fico score and do the check EX mostly?
Message 12 of 32
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

If you are too nervous to apply for Amex, I'll do it for you.  Email me your social security number.  I'll let you know if you get approved!

LMAO!!!!
Message 13 of 32
aftermath
Established Contributor

@Trishco wrote:
If you are too nervous to apply for Amex, I'll do it for you. Email me your social security number. I'll let you know if you get approved!
LMAO!!!!

Oh yeah, by the way... please don't forget your full name, home address, your date of birth, and also your mother's maiden name just in case Smiley Tongue
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 14 of 32
wmarat
Valued Contributor

@aftermath wrote:

@Trishco wrote:
If you are too nervous to apply for Amex, I'll do it for you. Email me your social security number. I'll let you know if you get approved!
LMAO!!!!

Oh yeah, by the way... please don't forget your full name, home address, your date of birth, and also your mother's maiden name just in case Smiley Tongue

And your tax return in case of FR 2min after approval.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 15 of 32
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

LMAO!  And then my first born as well???

OT, how do ya'll copy the previous replies into the new one?  Thanks!  Smiley Wink

Trish
Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trishco wrote:
LMAO!  And then my first born as well???

OT, how do ya'll copy the previous replies into the new one?  Thanks!  Smiley Wink

Trish

How about my second?  He's driving me nuts.  Smiley Happy

But seriosuly... It's funny how AMEX still has this certain cache' .   I think logically, they're not the 'best' out there... but there's still this 'aura' (deserved or not) about having the card.

Getting an AMEX was for me an emotional (not logical) milestone.  Now.. if you can be smarter than I... you'll follow your head, not your heart.  Now that I have one, and have even gotten a nice CLI.. I'm still having to be fearful of an FR and/or CLD if actually carry a balance.   Who wants that worry?  (me, apparently?!)

I do some travel, and I'm hoping the rewards will come in handy..but when it all comes down to it so far it sounds like BoA, Citi, and some of the CU's have overall better products.

(There... have I dissuaded you yet? - I'm trying to mitigate my evil reputation for the day)  *grin*

Message 17 of 32
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

Emotional indeed! 
As stated, the only reason I want want is cuz I can't have one! 
But between your attempted dissuasion (is that a word?) and the FR on activation thread posted by aftermath,  I *think* I have decided I no longer want one!

Message 18 of 32
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Do you want my Amex Platinum card? Let me know, I'll fedex it to you.Smiley Happy

Trishco wrote:
Emotional indeed! 
As stated, the only reason I want want is cuz I can't have one! 
But between your attempted dissuasion (is that a word?) and the FR on activation thread posted by aftermath,  I *think* I have decided I no longer want one!

Message 19 of 32
rom828
Established Contributor

Amex is a funny creature! 

And I agree with Sovy, there's a certain 'prestige' to having one.  After working to repair and rebuild over these past years, for me, getting the Amexes was like an "attaboy, girl!"!! 

I was denied by Citi  for old paid derog (old CO and PR), but was approved for Amex Green, Amex Delta Skymiles and Blue!

I applied for Green first, and following the advice of this forum, immediately apped for Delta, since it's supposed to be the easiest to get.

Voila!  Instant approvoal and $7500 credit line!  I was elated!  Debated for 3 days about applying for Blue since I thought it suited me better.  Went to the forum for opinions and then  went for it. Got the dreaded  24 hour message and then much to my delight, received email that I was approved for $3100!

Upon receipt of Blue, I called amex to move $6500 to Blue and did a $2500 BT (from my 2  lowly Orchard cards)

I apped for Discover More (that was a real nail biter) and got approved for it also, but did have to call for them to verify info..wasnt instant....and CL only $2K but I'm not complaining)

FICOS when I applied were TU 696  EQ 662(they hate me)  and EX 687.  Amex pulls EX.

Delta and Discover are now reporting and scores are TU 684    EQ 665  and EX 707 (My first 700+!!)

I say if you can take the possible inq ding, go for the Gold....Delta Skymiles Gold that is!!  You can go right to the Amex site, right this minute, and app for instant approval!!  (Is that too pushy?!?!)

And please post back with your results if you do apply!!

Message Edited by rom828 on 05-20-2008 07:06 PM

Message Edited by rom828 on 05-20-2008 07:11 PM
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.