Reply
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza
Posts: 3,071
Registered: ‎05-17-2007
0

Re: All of these AMEX threads are killin' me!!!!

Is Amex still doing those F/Rs where they freeze your account with out notice or have they finally changed their ways? It's been very quiet on this subject?
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Established Contributor
rom828
Posts: 932
Registered: ‎08-17-2007
0

Re: All of these AMEX threads are killin' me!!!!

I'd love to know, too, Pizza!
 
When I was all over the forum for advice on Amex, I didnt see too much about FRs, though I guess it's not a real concern as long as one apps with true info and doesnt object to providing verification of income, etc.
 
 
 
I've heard they can be bad about decreasing limits, also, but from what I've read that mainly occurs when utilization of credit limit is too high.  I read too that they check credit reports often to monitor spending habits etc, so I think anyone with Amex has to really "keep their noses clean".
 
I intend to be as careful with mine as possible to avoid any of these 'complications'!!
FICOS: TU 732(7-18-14) EQ '08 734( 7-23-14) EX 727 (7-23-14)


Frequent Contributor
Trishco
Posts: 279
Registered: ‎07-12-2007
0

Re: All of these AMEX threads are killin' me!!!!

I have absolutely no *need* for an AmEx...it is purely *want*.  It was almost comical how every time, (or so it seemed) that I would log onto the forum, the first 3 or 12 threads would contain something about AmEx.  Hence this thread was born. 
 
It was like dangling a T-Bone in front of my rottweiler!
 
But I am a fiscally responsible adult with more than sufficient credit lines who does not need, nor will she apply for an American Express! (How's that for trying to convince myself!:smileywink:)
 
Besides, concord is going to mail me his!:smileyvery-happy:
 
 
Trish <being oh so proud of herself for resisting the tbone, umm...the urge>
 
Established Contributor
aftermath
Posts: 519
Registered: ‎05-09-2008
0

Re: All of these AMEX threads are killin' me!!!!

[ Edited ]

Trishco wrote:
I have absolutely no *need* for an AmEx...it is purely *want*. It was almost comical how every time, (or so it seemed) that I would log onto the forum, the first 3 or 12 threads would contain something about AmEx. Hence this thread was born.
It was like dangling a T-Bone in front of my rottweiler!
But I am a fiscally responsible adult with more than sufficient credit lines who does not need, nor will she apply for an American Express! (How's that for trying to convince myself!:smileywink:)
Besides, concord is going to mail me his!:smileyvery-happy:
Trish



but doesn't it just kill you that you are not apart of the ELITE Amex club? :smileytongue:

you know it does!...

it's like when you get bit by a mesquito, it itches so much that you just HAVE to scratch it and you eventually will!

GIVE IN!

Message Edited by aftermath on 05-20-2008 11:23 PM
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,115
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: All of these AMEX threads are killin' me!!!!


Trishco wrote:

LMAO! And then my first born as well???

OT, how do ya'll copy the previous replies into the new one? Thanks! :smileywink:

Trish


Trish, click "reply" at the top left of the actual message you're replying to, not the reply button up at the top of the whole thread. When the empty text box pops up, click the "quote" button, and there it will be.

After a while, you can start getting fancy with html or with the graphical editor (if you're in IE) and delete any part of the message that you're not directly applying to.

You can also confuse the heck out of people by hitting "quote" and then moving your cursor to the beginning of it and putting your own reply in, so that the quote follows your new post, the way that Timothy does! :smileytongue:

BTW, be sure to get concorduser's mother's birthday in months and years! I tried to create my own PIN, but nope, they want everyone to use their mom's b'day, or at any rate, a four-digit number that could be MM/DD.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Contributor
Phouchg
Posts: 86
Registered: ‎05-12-2007
0

Re: All of these AMEX threads are killin' me!!!!

I don't see why people worry about F/R. Yeah it sucks when you get cut off (happened to me on vacation last year) - but if you are truthful on your app when you state HHI, it will be a breeze and keep you in AMEX's good graces for quite a while. If you overstate your HHI on your app, AMEX should have every right to deny your business. In addition, you will have committed fraud which is never a smart thing to do.
 
But I think the advantages of having a TL with AMEX outweigh any problems that come with an F/R.
 
 
Contributor
techno-pagan
Posts: 98
Registered: ‎02-28-2008
0

Re: All of these AMEX threads are killin' me!!!!



Phouchg wrote:
I don't see why people worry about F/R. Yeah it sucks when you get cut off (happened to me on vacation last year) - but if you are truthful on your app when you state HHI, it will be a breeze and keep you in AMEX's good graces for quite a while. If you overstate your HHI on your app, AMEX should have every right to deny your business. In addition, you will have committed fraud which is never a smart thing to do.
 
But I think the advantages of having a TL with AMEX outweigh any problems that come with an F/R.
 
 


I was thinking the same thing - but it would be very inconvienient to happen while traveling - but because I now almost expect it I am prepared.
 
Is there any way to preempt a F/R?  Can I call and say, "I'd like to verify my income" and just get it over with?
 

 
TU (3/30/09): 771
EQ (3/30/09): 751
EX (5/19/08): 715
Frequent Contributor
Trishco
Posts: 279
Registered: ‎07-12-2007
0

Re: All of these AMEX threads are killin' me!!!!



haulingthescoreup wrote:

Trishco wrote:

LMAO! And then my first born as well???

OT, how do ya'll copy the previous replies into the new one? Thanks! :smileywink:

Trish


Trish, click "reply" at the top left of the actual message you're replying to, not the reply button up at the top of the whole thread. When the empty text box pops up, click the "quote" button, and there it will be.

After a while, you can start getting fancy with html or with the graphical editor (if you're in IE) and delete any part of the message that you're not directly applying to.

You can also confuse the heck out of people by hitting "quote" and then moving your cursor to the beginning of it and putting your own reply in, so that the quote follows your new post, the way that Timothy does! :smileytongue:

BTW, be sure to get concorduser's mother's birthday in months and years! I tried to create my own PIN, but nope, they want everyone to use their mom's b'day, or at any rate, a four-digit number that could be MM/DD.

HA!  Got it!  Thank you hauling, although I admit I was looking for an actual "quote" button....sheeshhhh Trish get with the program! 
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,115
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: All of these AMEX threads are killin' me!!!!


Trishco wrote:

HA!  Got it!  Thank you hauling, although I admit I was looking for an actual "quote" button....sheeshhhh Trish get with the program! 
Whoops, sorry, there is one in Firefox, and I thought it was on IE also. At any rate, it's the rectangle thingy at the top right of the text box. How's that?

Wait till you quote someone who has already quoted someone else, and they were both in IE. Yards and yards of white space to clean off. :smileytongue:

At any rate, it appears that you are now a quotin' fool. Have fun!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Contributor
rom828
Posts: 932
Registered: ‎08-17-2007
0

Re: All of these AMEX threads are killin' me!!!!



rom828 wrote:
I'd love to know, too, Pizza!
 
When I was all over the forum for advice on Amex, I didnt see too much about FRs, though I guess it's not a real concern as long as one apps with true info and doesnt object to providing verification of income, etc.
 
I've heard they can be bad about decreasing limits, also, but from what I've read that mainly occurs when utilization of credit limit is too high.  I read too that they check credit reports often to monitor spending habits etc, so I think anyone with Amex has to really "keep their noses clean".
 
I intend to be as careful with mine as possible to avoid any of these 'complications'!!
 

Techno and Phou....as you can see I agree with the two of you.  If you tell the truth, you have nothing to fear!!
 
But it would be nice if you could get the HHI verification out of the way voluntarily so you wouldnt have to worry about it.    Might be something I ask them about next time I happen to call customer service.
 
 Prudent use keeps credit accounts  from becoming  debt accounts!  Credit and debt are NOT the same thing!!
 
So, Trish, you should go ahead and apply for the  Amex card, so you can annoy everybody else about  applying for an Amex!  LOL

 
 
 
 
 
FICOS: TU 732(7-18-14) EQ '08 734( 7-23-14) EX 727 (7-23-14)



myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}