Grayhound bus with wings. I'll pass.
Message 21 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: All three 50k Southwest cards are back. Companion pass

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So it does totally suck in general and that was the normal Southwest experience. Good to know

Not always, I prefer Spirit big front seat when i'm on a budget.

Spirit?  You really are a miser.

LOL

Message 22 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Grayhound bus with wings. I'll pass.

Yes! Perfect description ^^^^

Message 23 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have always wondered how these cards worked with the points and miles? Anyone care to explain?

Well if you get 110k points you get a companion pass which means anytime you buy a ticket the companion wold fly free (just govt fees, few bucks). You get it the year you get the 110k points plus 1 extra year. So if you get it now you'll have two years of being able to have someone fly free.

Message 24 of 92
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Plane wasnt as clean as it should have been, everyone was packed in like sardines, babies screaming in the front and back (which could happen on any flight so not on Southwest just a horrible experience for me), pilot likely insulted a few parents although I'm sure he thought he was being funny. If there was any distinction between what they call business and economy I definitely couldnt tell. Every aisle looked exactly the same. Not sure if I was on an older plane or if this airline totally sucks in general but I refuse Smiley Frustrated

That's terrible. Sorry to hear that. I've never flown on SW before and don't intend to in the future. I got that card mainly to get in with Chase and that was it.

I'm not too big on US Airways myself though. Went on a flight with them last summer and let's just say I wasn't impressed, which was part of the reason why I passed up on that US Airways offer anyway.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 25 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So it does totally suck in general and that was the normal Southwest experience. Good to know

Not always, I prefer Spirit big front seat when i'm on a budget.

Spirit?  You really are a miser.

Not that often. Smiley Tongue

Message 26 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's terrible. Sorry to hear that. I've never flown on SW before and don't intend to in the future. I got that card mainly to get in with Chase and that was it.

I'm not too big on US Airways myself though. Went on a flight with them last summer and let's just say I wasn't impressed, which was part of the reason why I passed up on that US Airways offer anyway.

What happened?

Message 27 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

Yeah but soon USAir is going to be American Airlines and those miles can the be used with their travel partners like British Airways, Qantas and Hawaiian Airlines

Message 28 of 92
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Yeah but soon USAir is going to be American Airlines and those miles can the be used with their travel partners like British Airways, Qantas and Hawaiian Airlines

Interesting. I've honestly never heard of the second airline and I've never flown on the first or last ones. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 29 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Interesting. I've honestly never heard of the second airline and I've never flown on the first or last ones. 

Qantas - Australia.

Message 30 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.