tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: All three 50k Southwest cards are back. Companion pass

@Anonymous wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@One7 wrote:

Oh Ok. Well I just got the United Club Card just last month and the Ritz 5 months ago so I shouldn't be applying anyhow... I was just looking for any reason to not apply. I wanted to apply and then move my CL over from my Marriott and close that one but maybe I should wait it out a bit.

I vote the marriott card as a total keeper because of the free night

I know... I agree but I also have the Ritz card where I use the benefits are better and I dont really need both and I already have 5 Chase cards so if I want another I'll most likely have to get rid of one of them. Dont want Chase to get nervous. I do LOVE the free night though. What do you think I should do?

I'd close the Ritz before the Marriott, to be completely honest.

CheapieSmiley Happy

Message 61 of 92
One7
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@One7 wrote:

Oh Ok. Well I just got the United Club Card just last month and the Ritz 5 months ago so I shouldn't be applying anyhow... I was just looking for any reason to not apply. I wanted to apply and then move my CL over from my Marriott and close that one but maybe I should wait it out a bit.

I know... I agree but I also have the Ritz card where I use the benefits are better and I dont really need both and I already have 5 Chase cards so if I want another I'll most likely have to get rid of one of them. Dont want Chase to get nervous. I do LOVE the free night though. What do you think I should do?

I thought about that too but the benefits far outweigh the free night I get with the Marriott card even with the AF. I put a lot of money through the card.

I guess..

Best solution is to keep both, Which as of right now, is my plan.

Thats my plan for now too. Smiley Happy But this SWA offer.... ugh.... decisions decisions 

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 62 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@One7 wrote:

CheapieSmiley Happy

Cheap, or wise? Smiley Tongue

Message 63 of 92
One7
Valued Contributor

Plus I feel like a total bad @$$ when I use the Ritz card Smiley Happy

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 64 of 92
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

All honesty SWA is probably the best bang for the buck on domestic flights.. Ya it sucks no assigned seating but usually the staff is very nice and have some humor..  I don't like the fact people take advantage of the system on pre-boarding, other then they are good.  Yes you do get what you pay for w/regards to air-fare.. If you want a good priced domestic tickets with no lay overs for most parts of the US fly Southwest... If you want to spend more or have miles to burn on other airlines, I would fly Delta or United.. Haven't flown Virgin America, so can't comment on that, but AA I would avoid as well

Message 65 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

All honesty SWA is probably the best bang for the buck on domestic flights.. Ya it sucks no assigned seating but usually the staff is very nice and have some humor..  I don't like the fact people take advantage of the system on pre-boarding, other then they are good.  Yes you do get what you pay for w/regards to air-fare.. If you want a good priced domestic tickets with no lay overs for most parts of the US fly Southwest... If you want to spend more or have miles to burn on other airlines, I would fly Delta or United.. Haven't flown Virgin America, so can't comment on that, but AA I would avoid as well

BA Avios is better bang for buck domestically......IF you can find available seats!

Message 66 of 92
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@One7 wrote:

CheapieSmiley Happy

Cheap, or wise? Smiley Tongue

Wise after the first year to be honestSmiley Happy  Although you lose the metal Smiley Sad

Message 67 of 92
One7
Valued Contributor

Well honestly if it gets me where I need to go its not that big of a deal to me what airline I use but Im not sure how I feel about the whole seating situation. I'll probably end up with the card the next time this deal comes around though, I'm afraid to spook Chase with too many new cards. By then I will have closed a few uneeded cards as well and have a better aaoa.

Edit: Typo

Message 68 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

BA Avios is better bang for buck domestically......IF you can find available seats!

I have to figure out this whole Avios thing.  Do you look up flights on BA and us one of their partner airlines?

Message 69 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I have to figure out this whole Avios thing.  Do you look up flights on BA and us one of their partner airlines?

On BA, It then turns the pts over to Partner.

Message 70 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.