Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: All three 50k Southwest cards are back. Companion pass

@jsucool76 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

All honesty SWA is probably the best bang for the buck on domestic flights.. Ya it sucks no assigned seating but usually the staff is very nice and have some humor..  I don't like the fact people take advantage of the system on pre-boarding, other then they are good.  Yes you do get what you pay for w/regards to air-fare.. If you want a good priced domestic tickets with no lay overs for most parts of the US fly Southwest... If you want to spend more or have miles to burn on other airlines, I would fly Delta or United.. Haven't flown Virgin America, so can't comment on that, but AA I would avoid as well

BA Avios is better bang for buck domestically......IF you can find available seats!

I have to figure out this whole Avios thing.  Do you look up flights on BA and us one of their partner airlines?

BA or quantas are good places to start looking for partner availability, sometimes not everything shows up on BA site. 

I just transferred about 27000 MR points to BA for the 40% bonus a week or so ago since roundtrip from miami to NY is like 12.5k points - Only first class available for the times I'm going to i used my airline gift cards and bought tickets. 

Not gonna waste points on first class for a 3 hour flight. 

Check different days and times?

Message 81 of 92
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

All honesty SWA is probably the best bang for the buck on domestic flights.. Ya it sucks no assigned seating but usually the staff is very nice and have some humor..  I don't like the fact people take advantage of the system on pre-boarding, other then they are good.  Yes you do get what you pay for w/regards to air-fare.. If you want a good priced domestic tickets with no lay overs for most parts of the US fly Southwest... If you want to spend more or have miles to burn on other airlines, I would fly Delta or United.. Haven't flown Virgin America, so can't comment on that, but AA I would avoid as well

BA Avios is better bang for buck domestically......IF you can find available seats!

I have to figure out this whole Avios thing.  Do you look up flights on BA and us one of their partner airlines?

BA or quantas are good places to start looking for partner availability, sometimes not everything shows up on BA site. 

I just transferred about 27000 MR points to BA for the 40% bonus a week or so ago since roundtrip from miami to NY is like 12.5k points - Only first class available for the times I'm going to i used my airline gift cards and bought tickets. 

i personally wouldn't waste first or business on something that short as well .  I would only use an ton of points on europe or far east business class or higher. Hawaii is debatable coming from JFK 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 82 of 92
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

It was the only time I could book. I'm taking me and my 2 sister's to new york, and that was the only time all three of us could go. 

I did look around at a few different days in march, and there was either no availbility for award seats, or only first class. 

Message 83 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

It was the only time I could book. I'm taking me and my 2 sister's to new york, and that was the only time all three of us could go. 

I did look around at a few different days in march, and there was either no availbility for award seats, or only first class. 

That's a shame..

How about southwest? Smiley Happy

Message 84 of 92
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

That's a shame..

well he converted MR to avios , so can't really use SWA RR points lol. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 85 of 92
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

That's a shame..

I'm flying SWA there, connecting in ATL (because apparently flying from FLL to LGA direct is too hard for SWA to do) and I'm flying delta back, nonstop. 

3 tickets on SWA from FLL->LGA, 1 stop, (5 hour trip time) - $487.80

3 Economy tickets on delta from LGA->FLL, nonstop, (3hr 24min trip time) - $363.30+checked bag fees (which are what, $25 a piece for the first one? ) - $438.30 

Delta Wins

Message 86 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

That's a shame..

I'm flying SWA there, connecting in ATL (because apparently flying from FLL to LGA direct is too hard for SWA to do) and I'm flying delta back, nonstop. 

3 tickets on SWA from FLL->LGA, 1 stop, (5 hour trip time) - $487.80

3 Economy tickets on delta from LGA->FLL, nonstop, (3hr 24min trip time) - $363.30+checked bag fees (which are what, $25 a piece for the first one? ) - $438.30 

Delta Wins

Cool.

Message 87 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Southwest normal fares are nothing special.  But the "Wanna get away" fares are way cheaper.

With 50K bonus miles offer last year I got basically 6 free "Wanna get away" flights.

It's Greyhound with Wings alright but I love the free checked bags.

Message 88 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Southwest normal fares are nothing special.  But the "Wanna get away" fares are way cheaper.

With 50K bonus miles offer last year I got basically 6 free "Wanna get away" flights.

It's Greyhound with Wings alright but I love the free checked bags.

I dunno if i'd call greyhound with wings..Spirit is way worse if you get on a flight that isn't really early in the morning. Big front seat REALLY helps too. Wish SWA had it.

Message 89 of 92
andre181
Established Contributor

I love Southwest. For domestic flights, its hard to beat Southwest.

I just got the personal premier card and am already $500 into the first 2k within less than a week.

I fly pretty often for work (6 flights this month already) and I always try to pick southwest whenever possible. We are supposed to pick the cheapest flight to keep travel costs down and 99% of the time southwest is the cheapest.

Hopefully with the card and traveling for work, I can hit companion pass quickly!

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 90 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.