Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant 3% Signature Pulling from TU since March 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant 3% Signature Pulling from TU since March 2017

Spoke to an Alliant rep who told me that while they soft pull EQ to become a member, they have been HP TU since this past March for the 3% cashback visa signature card.  They also said that it's not concrete, but that they typically don't go below 680 for it.  Additionally, although a recon is possible, especially if someone has the funds in their account to support the request, they prefer to see that someone already has at least one card with at least 10k limit.  This seemed like the right place to share.

Updated to add that they also said the score is typically used to know what interest rate to charge, assuming approval, and they look at the entire picture to determine approval, so, ymmv. :-/  and that they also request income approval as part of the process.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Alliant 3% Signature Pulling from TU since March 2017

Yeah.. I wouldn't put too much stock into whatever they told you. None of that is true besides maybe the HP. Funds in their accounts, CC above $10k, nor scores in the upper 700s guarantee an approval. I know this from experience, they can be very conservative.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know that, as expected, ymmv.  

Message 3 of 6
happypill
Valued Contributor

Yes, Alliant can be very conservative, but they are definitely a good lender.  I also wouldn't put too much stock into a frontline CSR, but some of what they told you does make sense.

I think they do pull TU for this card.  I think the minimum CL for this card is $10k so that's probably why they said it's good to have one already (but not a requirement).  I think what they hate most are recent inquiries and accounts in the past 6 months (or maybe even 12 months).

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled TU for me for the regular platinum.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.