cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CC CLI recon, what are my chances?

tag
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

Alliant CC CLI recon, what are my chances?

I have the Alliant Platinum Rewards card, $2,000 CL, it's my highest so far. I also had a car loan with them that I just paid off yesterday and it posted today on my account. The car loan is no longer listed as one of my accounts. So my question is this: At the beginning of August I called to ask for an increase and was denied some bull about a year of pymts. I have paid my bal in full or more than minimum. Now being that I paid off my car loan (within 5 months time) with them do you think they will reconsider and give me a CLI? My utilization is under 30%.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Alliant CC CLI recon, what are my chances?

has it been 12 months yet? sounds like that's what they want.  Toyota Visa is requiring me to have 12 months also

Message 2 of 4
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

no it hasn't, but paying off a big loan shows I am responsible and I can manage credit.

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

if they told you 12 months, I don't think your auto loan is going to make a difference, but if it's a soft pull or internal it wouldn't hurt to ask, but isn't Alliant a hard pull?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.