Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 171
Registered: ‎03-11-2009
0

Alliant CC

Hello everyone,

 

I applied for an alliant CC yesterday and shows pending, I received an email to call a LO this morning.  What are my chances do you think?  My scores are in the upper mid 600's now, and have been with alliant for 2 months with positive in both checking, savings.

 

Im soo nervous to call......

 

K

Equifax 657
Experian 711 (Per Lender)
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 403
Registered: ‎04-08-2009
0

Re: Alliant CC


krisosa wrote:

Hello everyone,

 

I applied for an alliant CC yesterday and shows pending, I received an email to call a LO this morning.  What are my chances do you think?  My scores are in the upper mid 600's now, and have been with alliant for 2 months with positive in both checking, savings.

 

Im soo nervous to call......

 

K


Make that call they just may need to verify somethings with you on the telephone. Or they may need you to fax over a pay stub or two. I know your nervous but if you never call....... then what. GOOD LUCK

 

King:smileywink: 

Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares
Contributor
Posts: 99
Registered: ‎08-20-2008
0

Re: Alliant CC

I wonder if they even look at your Ficos at all.  I have Ficos in the upper 700's, with Equifax over 800 and was only offered a credit card there with a $500 limit and 13% interest.  I didnt accept the credit card as a card with that small amount is pretty useless. I mean if I go out to a nice dinner with my gf Im easily over 10% utilization and its not hard to get to 20% with just a nice meal. Everyone on here has been singing their praises, but I was pretty surprised at their offer to me.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 171
Registered: ‎03-11-2009
0

Re: Alliant CC

King,

 

Thanks.  Okay~I will.........I keep you posted....:smileyhappy:

 

Kris

Equifax 657
Experian 711 (Per Lender)
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 403
Registered: ‎04-08-2009
0

Re: Alliant CC


dfgdfgdfgadfg wrote:
I wonder if they even look at your Ficos at all.  I have Ficos in the upper 700's, with Equifax over 800 and was only offered a credit card there with a $500 limit and 13% interest.  I didnt accept the credit card as a card with that small amount is pretty useless. I mean if I go out to a nice dinner with my gf Im easily over 10% utilization and its not hard to get to 20% with just a nice meal. Everyone on here has been singing their praises, but I was pretty surprised at their offer to me.

Do you have a limited history with your high scores?

Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares
Contributor
Posts: 99
Registered: ‎08-20-2008
0

Re: Alliant CC

My credit file is thin, but long. Oldest account is 12 years old. (Im only 30). Average Age of accounts is 7 years. Although I only have 5 accounts showing on each report, so its a thin file.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 171
Registered: ‎03-11-2009
0

Re: Alliant CC

I have been working day and night, reading this board taking all info into consideration.  I have faxed many documents over to r and all 3 CA's over and over, I FINALLY got my last baddie removed this morning with TU.  Now, I have (1) open Installment and (1) loan with GEMB with balance of 900.00 and (1) Jewelry with CJ (4) CC's and (1) gas card.

 

I have Sears showing (8) years but closed (with 2 30 day lates) that I cant get removed !!!, if you can shed me some light on that, i would appreciate it....

 

My GEMB has been open since 2007 (no lates)

 

Does this make sense?

 

K

Equifax 657
Experian 711 (Per Lender)
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 403
Registered: ‎04-08-2009
0

Re: Alliant CC


dfgdfgdfgadfg wrote:
My credit file is thin, but long. Oldest account is 12 years old. (Im only 30). Average Age of accounts is 7 years. Although I only have 5 accounts showing on each report, so its a thin file.

That's what it is and what I thought because my nephew has a limited history and they did the same to him as well. They (Alliant) offered the $500 dollar starting limit so he can become established with them now one year later he at 2,500 so that not bad at all considering he only had four credit lines reporting with an AA of three years.

 

He had a paltry $300 gas card, a $250 Kohls and two others cards no bank cards. You should have accepted that card Alliant is very good with treating you well once your in the door.

 

King 

Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 403
Registered: ‎04-08-2009
0

Re: Alliant CC


krisosa wrote:

I have been working day and night, reading this board taking all info into consideration.  I have faxed many documents over to r and all 3 CA's over and over, I FINALLY got my last baddie removed this morning with TU.  Now, I have (1) open Installment and (1) loan with GEMB with balance of 900.00 and (1) Jewelry with CJ (4) CC's and (1) gas card.

 

I have Sears showing (8) years but closed (with 2 30 day lates) that I cant get removed !!!, if you can shed me some light on that, i would appreciate it....

 

My GEMB has been open since 2007 (no lates)

 

Does this make sense?

 

K


It looks good but, what are the limits on the cards you have because utilization could be a factor as well, you want to keep balances as low as possible. Take that GEMB account you state you have a balance of $900 but if your limit is $1000.00 your at near 100% utilization on the account which isn't good. But other then that everything looks good.

 

King:smileywink: 

Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares
Regular Contributor
Posts: 195
Registered: ‎08-02-2007
0

Re: Alliant CC

[ Edited ]

I would just call them.  I applied over the phone with them today and got approved for their Platinum Card for $1000.  He took my info over the phone and had to call me back with the result.  The rate is higher 15.5% because my credit score is in the 650 - 675 range (this is what the rep told me, when I pulled my EQ it was 630, so not sure if they use a different scoring model?)

 

I have LOTS of past lates, over two years old now.  I have my checking /savings with Alliant since April.

 

Also, he instructed me to use my card once a month and pay in full, and in a few months they would raise my limit.

Message Edited by Elexi21 on 07-02-2009 01:06 PM
8/07: EX 453, EQ 457, TU 481
5/08: EX 599, EQ 581, TU 612
1/09: EX 653, EQ 601, TU 621
2/09: EX 675, EQ 619, TU 649
7/09: EX ?, EQ 630, TU 670
8/09: EX 701 (nexgen), EQ 675, TU 685
TU 694
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.