Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CLI: $5k --> $10k

tag
ChampagneWishes
Valued Member

Alliant CLI: $5k --> $10k

Hi all!  Just called in and got a CLI on my Alliant CU rewards card, finally breaking into the double-digit limits!

I opened the account in mid-Jan and got a $5k limit (which was twice my largest CL at the time), and the officer told me to call back in 6 months and they could probably double it. 

Checked my EQ today and had a 715 FICO, which is only 2 points higher than what I had when I first got the card in Jan.  Still, I've been spending a lot on this card and PIFing, so I figured it was worth a shot.  I had a zero balance on the card when I called in and 4 inquiries on EQ (although two were from Alliant in January, one from another bank for an IRA and one from the Dept of Education for student loans...ugh).

I asked for $15k (why not??), and after a hard pull, the guy came back with $10k.  I'll take it!  He also lowered my interest rate from 14.24% to 12.24%.  This doesn't matter much to me since I PIF, but I appreciate the gesture. Smiley Happy

This means I've officially reached my 2011 goal of having a $10k limit card!  HOLLAAA!  I sincerely doubt I'll get close to the limit anytime soon, but it's a great feeling to have it available.  My next step will be to add an Amex revolver in January (it'll be backdated to 1/10) and to sit on everything else.

I know there's a dearth of Alliant CLI info out there, but I'd love to hear if anyone has gotten an auto-CLI...?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant CLI: $5k --> $10k

I had to call in for my CLI in May.  I do not believe thay'll auto-CLI you.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I DO know that they aren't baddie friendly at all apparently. I have an old Dell CO that falls off in 2 months, nothing but perfect credit history in the last 6.5+ years, and I do al my day to day banking at Alliant. I put in a request for the normal Visa CC, just to get started with them, at $2.5k requested limit. I didn't even get much past the underwriter. The 'loan officer' that I talked to wanted proof I had paid the Dell CO before she even would send it to the underwriter. I asked her if 6.5+ years of perfect history wasn't worth anything, and could she just try, even for the lowest limit?

No go.

Message 3 of 7
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I DO know that they aren't baddie friendly at all apparently. I have an old Dell CO that falls off in 2 months, nothing but perfect credit history in the last 6.5+ years, and I do al my day to day banking at Alliant. I put in a request for the normal Visa CC, just to get started with them, at $2.5k requested limit. I didn't even get much past the underwriter. The 'loan officer' that I talked to wanted proof I had paid the Dell CO before she even would send it to the underwriter. I asked her if 6.5+ years of perfect history wasn't worth anything, and could she just try, even for the lowest limit?

No go.

I would definitely take my business elsewhere. There's just too many banks out that you can do business with. I understand Alliant doesn't want to take on any risk...but 6.5yrs + day to day banking?? Go where you are appreciated.

Congrats to original poster above for the CLI. Have a $10K CL is a very, very nice feeling. Enjoy in good health Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

I didn't have any issues getting a CC with them, but they wouldn't touch me with a 10 foot pole for a checking account until a Chex issue was settled by me.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 5 of 7
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Congrats on your increase!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 6 of 7
castlefox
Regular Contributor

When I called Alliant a month ago for a CLI they said that they do not give auto-CLIs anymore.

IDK when that practice stopped.

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.