Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CU - $400 Promo

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Alliant CU - $400 Promo

@baller4life wrote:

I have 7 new accounts this year. 😞 2 more left to report. I'm gonna sit this one out. Alliant is new accounts sensitive. Soooo.....yeah. This ole baller won't jump on this one. Plus, I'm still working on my spends from Hyatt,Venture and Citi HHonors.

I feel your pain, my friend... I'm at six new accounts myself for the year.  Smiley Sad

That's not (completely) a bad thing, though... it just means we got some good deals over the last few months, and in my own case I was able to mark several off my 'bucket list' that for years have been out-of-reach. 

That aside, this is a fantastic deal for anybody who otherwise might be considering a card with Alliant.  Big 'shout-out' to CC for bringing this promo to our attention!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

I have 7 new accounts this year. 😞 2 more left to report. I'm gonna sit this one out. Alliant is new accounts sensitive. Soooo.....yeah. This ole baller won't jump on this one. Plus, I'm still working on my spends from Hyatt,Venture and Citi HHonors.

I feel your pain, my friend... I'm at six new accounts myself for the year.  Smiley Sad

That's not (completely) a bad thing, though... it just means we got some good deals over the last few months, and in my own case I was able to mark several off my 'bucket list' that for years have been out-of-reach. 

That aside, this is a fantastic deal for anybody who otherwise might be considering a card with Alliant.  Big 'shout-out' to CC for bringing this promo to our attention!  Smiley Very Happy

Uncle B...

You and Baller are ameteurs on new accts! ..I have more than dbl that, LOL Smiley Wink (eek!)

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone have any luck getting this offer over the phone?  sent  a secure message and was told to phone in.  but after reading that they are new account sensitive, i probably won't be jumping on this one.  was just thinking it would be nice for some home improvement stuff.  I guess as of today I have only opened 5 cards in the last year.

only downside is the lowest rate the card goes is 11.49% (which is certainly better than a triple hit from capital one and only being "able" to redeem for travel, not to mention their higher apr range)......

Message 23 of 29
bk510
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@noobody wrote:
How hard is to get a Alliance CC? Do they ask lots questions besides credit score? POI, tax return,ID verification etc?

Not 100% on POI or tax return.. Hopefully someone that has alliant can ring in on this.  I was also curious about this along with others.  One thing is for sure every CC application goes into manual review no instants that I have seen.  UW isn't that hard though

Recently approved for reward visa 6K. No docs requested.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bk510 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@noobody wrote:
How hard is to get a Alliance CC? Do they ask lots questions besides credit score? POI, tax return,ID verification etc?

Not 100% on POI or tax return.. Hopefully someone that has alliant can ring in on this.  I was also curious about this along with others.  One thing is for sure every CC application goes into manual review no instants that I have seen.  UW isn't that hard though

Congrats! Did it come with any promos???  What rate did they give you?

Message 25 of 29
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bk510 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@noobody wrote:

Congrats! Did it come with any promos???  What rate did they give you?

yes I did get a promo......5.99% on purchase & BT for 12 months.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Gmood...  Good luck, believe every one of their CC's are reviewed and no instants.

THANKS!! Yes they are. I was going to hold off. 

Thanks for the valuable info, CC. I'll have my husband check his Alliant accounts to see if he received the offer. Can you see the actual offer within your accounts, or only within the e-mail?

Alliant is very conservative with SL and doesn't like a large amount of other available credit or debt, according to what they have said when I spoke with them.

They do on occasion approve credit cards instantly as my Alliant Visa Platinum was an instant approval 5 months ago.

Those who wish to apply may wish to keep in mind that Alliant's Pinnacle scoring system is an unusual system that other lenders don't really use, and Pinnacle scores are often as much as 50 points below FICO scores.

Message 27 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Gmood...  Good luck, believe every one of their CC's are reviewed and no instants.

THANKS!! Yes they are. I was going to hold off. 

Thanks for the valuable info, CC. I'll have my husband check his Alliant accounts to see if he received the offer. Can you see the actual offer within your accounts, or only within the e-mail?

Alliant is very conservative with SL and doesn't like a large amount of other available credit or debt, according to what they have said when I spoke with them.

They do on occasion approve credit cards instantly as my Alliant Visa Platinum was an instant approval 5 months ago.

Thos who wish to apply may wish to keep in mind that Alliant's Pinnacle scoring system is an unusual system that other lenders don't really use, and Pinnacle scores are often as much as 50 points below FICO scores.

Was a targeted email.. Actually got an email a week or two back saying I was running out of time on this offer and prompting me to apply again.. It wasn't a "pre-approval", just a targeted email so nothing as you know is guranteed.  I was only one that could use said offer code

Message 28 of 29
happypill
Valued Contributor

I guess my profile is an anomaly as I was approved a short while ago when the $400 bonus was first announced.  I had about 25+ new accounts in the past 24 months including plenty in the last year and 6 months so they weren't that sensitive to those things.  I was at about 15 inquiries.  Weird thing about the Alliant application is that you specify the CL you'd like.  I was interested in it for the $400 bonus so I asked for $5k and was approved for that amount.

I knocked the spend out quickly and once the statement closed the bonus showed up instantly.  Strange thing was if I redeemed for statement credit, it said it would post in 30-45 days or something silly like that.  If I redeemed into a checking or savings account, it would take just 5-7 days.  So, I redeemed into a checking account and used that to pay my CC bill (just like a statement credit).  CUs can be weird with their policies, but overall I'm very happy account and bonus.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.