Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CU CC ?

tag
MsKarmaNYC
Valued Member

Alliant CU CC ?

Sorry for posting this here if there is another thread in regards to this. I applied for a Visa with Alliant CU to my surprise when I was checking the status on the website it said I was approved. I only requested 1500 limit. my highest CL 800 , my util was 15%, and my scores EQ 631 TU 682 per myfico. I came a long way from 467 and 515 in Jan09.  I joined Alliant in June. Per this forum I mustered up the coverage to apply. I did receive an email from Will(LO) to discuss, that was a few days ago. I have not called him back yet, I am assuming they may need to a paystub or something. I would like to re-fi my car interest rate is 19% will Alliant have to do another hard pull on the credit again or possibly use the one they pulled for the CC. Has anyone have any personally experiences with Will the LO. Thanks!

BTW, Thank you to all you, who may have contributed to this forum. It has helped me a great deal!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FICOMari
Regular Contributor

Re: Alliant CU CC ?

I believe this is common procedure, I too applied online about 2 months ago and was approved. I received an email to call a loan officer (can't remember his name) and when I called him he just stated the regulations of the account and asked whether I accepted it or not. Then he said he would mail me a letter stating the details we discussed on the phone and to sign it and mail it back so the card can be mailed to me.   Simple Smiley Happy

Oh, and I am not sure about the pulling of a new credit report but I doubt they will. They will probably just use the same report. This is what PenFed does, if the report is less than 30 days since they pulled it they will just use the same one.  Hope Alliant works the same way. Good luck!

Message Edited by FICOMari on 11-18-2009 06:57 AM
Message 2 of 6
MsKarmaNYC
Valued Member

@FICOMari wrote:

I believe this is common procedure, I too applied online about 2 months ago and was approved. I received an email to call a loan officer (can't remember his name) and when I called him he just stated the regulations of the account and asked whether I accepted it or not. Then he said he would mail me a letter stating the details we discussed on the phone and to sign it and mail it back so the card can be mailed to me.   Simple Smiley Happy

Oh, and I am not sure about the pulling of a new credit report but I doubt they will. They will probably just use the same report. This is what PenFed does, if the report is less than 30 days since they pulled it they will just use the same one.  Hope Alliant works the same way. Good luck!

Message Edited by FICOMari on 11-18-2009 06:57 AM

Thanks for the info. I spoke w/the LO and I was approved apparently from whatever model Alliant  uses for credit scoring had me at btw 680-719. I was approved for 5000 CL from the 15000 CL I was asking for. That was strange because when I pulled the myfico reports the EQ listed me at 631. I was able to refinance my vehicle from 19% to 6.25% which is great news. Again, Thanks to all the awesome contributors on this site. You all Rock!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 6
MsKarmaNYC
Valued Member

Sorry, I meant to say the CL I was asking for was 1500 not 15000 and they offered me a 5000CL. Just in case that confused any1. Thanks!
Message 4 of 6
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Just curious, does that CC list any balance transfer offers?  I see no balance transfer fee, but no rate, whether intro or long term.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
MsKarmaNYC
Valued Member

@thrasher865 wrote:
Just curious, does that CC list any balance transfer offers?  I see no balance transfer fee, but no rate, whether intro or long term.

I did not have any balances on my CC's at the time, so they did not offer me BT or the rates for them. Sorry about that.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.