Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CU questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant CU questions

I decided to join Alliant. My EQ is 733, no baddies and no inquiries. I have a couple of questions though: once I get a pre-approval offeres and I accept a car loan even if I don't need it now, how long it will be available for? will they have to do another pull if I want to use it later? Will it show on my credit report if I accept it but don't close it? How is Alliant with CLI? How often do they give them? do they hard pull or soft pull EQ each time? Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

Re: Alliant CU questions

Hi, Lexa----I can answer a few of your questions.

Member services told me the car loan is available for 30 days.  You can activate it on the SkyBranch site.  They would do another pull if you don't use it this time and apply later.  It should not show up on your credit report unless you do activate it.  Alliant is pretty good with initial credit lines as far as I know.  Hopefully others can chime in on the other questions.

I have enjoyed my brief time with them so far.

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I decided to join Alliant. My EQ is 733, no baddies and no inquiries. I have a couple of questions though: once I get a pre-approval offeres and I accept a car loan even if I don't need it now, how long it will be available for?

FoF is correct (according to my experience)

will they have to do another pull if I want to use it later?

Again, Fof is correct.  After 30 days, Yes!

Will it show on my credit report if I accept it but don't close it?

Third correct answer . . . No!

How is Alliant with CLI?

Don't know.  Haven't gotten one yet.

How often do they give them?

Once every 6 mo.(according to my LO).

do they hard pull or soft pull EQ each time?

Hard pull if customer requests a CLI

Thank you!

You're welcome

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys! I still wanna know how they are with CLI? I know they give good initial CL and one can easily get 7500-10000 initially with a decent credit... but is there anybody who has 20000 or more with them? Do they do a hard pull of EQ only for CLI?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.