Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CU -

tag
A_Madel
Contributor

Alliant CU -

Just joined Alliant CU - they offer a free monthly FICO score as well. But, I was actually eyeing their CC information. When I called to find out details, I was told that my membership was NOT a HP but a SP! Go figure. At that point I pressed and asked about obtaining new loan products within 30 days. They will use the SP, however a HP will be used for the credit decision - just as an FYI for anyone interested. No, I didn't add to my collection....... (kicks dirt and rolls eyes up) Smiley Wink I am gardening but setting my sights for next year..... sigh

Current: EQ 791 / TU 788 / EX 752 FICO's (MyFico, Oct 2012)

*** NFCU Plat | USAA CR Amex | PenFed TR Amex | BOA Gold | JP Morgan Select | Amex BCP | Amex PRG | USAA Plat ***
Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Alliant CU -

You have a really nice selection of CCs in your sig! Why do you want to add Alliant cu? It doesn't seem like it would be a step up. I'm sure they're ok, but you have really nice cards already! Smiley Happy you can get some CLIs on the cards you have and preserve your AAOA.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 58
A_Madel
Contributor

Thx. Smiley Happy Probably from overthinking my collection instead of enjoying what I have. 

*** NFCU Plat | USAA CR Amex | PenFed TR Amex | BOA Gold | JP Morgan Select | Amex BCP | Amex PRG | USAA Plat ***
Message 3 of 58
Mellon
Established Contributor

I'm not sure Alliant offers a FICO score...FAKO maybe

Message 4 of 58
jsucool76
Super Contributor

After Some quick research , It looks like it's a vantage score judging by the range. 

Message 5 of 58
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

At one point they offered a NextGen FICO, but that's no longer the case. There are a few threads buried in here somewhere announcing those changes (gosh...3-4 yrs ago).

Message 6 of 58
A_Madel
Contributor

Just my luck.....Smiley Sad Oh well. At least no damage was done.

Message 7 of 58
learnin113
Established Contributor

double check the membership pull...i'm almost certain it's a hard. it was for me at least.
Message 8 of 58
slg
New Contributor

Alliant offers the vantage score to their consumers which updated every 3 months and  they do not use the vantage score internally for their own credit approvals. 

BCE 12800, bofa travel rewards 8k, Barclays apple 6200, Macy's 2000, Macy's Amex 3200, merrick bank 300 , Victoria secret 1350, jcrew 1350
Message 9 of 58
A_Madel
Contributor

@learnin113 wrote:
double check the membership pull...i'm almost certain it's a hard. it was for me at least.

Yep. There it was this morning. 

Message 10 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.