Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CU -

tag
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Re: Alliant CU -

It is my understanding that there would be a hp for membership as well as an additional one for cc

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 41 of 58
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@mintcilantro

Welcome to the forum! I'm in So Cal and joined last November. It was a HP for membership. I inquired about the cc and if they could use the same HP and I was told no. They used to use the same cr but stopped a few months back. I decided not to app until later.
Message 42 of 58
SprintUser

I joined Alliant Credit Union last month in May (thanks to Myfico, lol).  I applied for a checking account and a few hours later applied for the credit card.  I was expecting two hard pulls but ended up with only one on EQ.  So it seems kind of random who they pull/ double pull.  (Was approved for both) Good luck!

Message 43 of 58
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

Their policy USED to be that if you applied by mail or fax then they would NOT do a HP just for the initial membership.  The application forms used to be on their web site (I guess they still are, somewhere) or they can send them to you.  The HP only occurs when applying online.  Now, for the CC, yes, that would be a HP no matter what.

If you're concerned about the HP for membership, call them and confirm the mail option is still no HP.

Message 44 of 58
mintcilantro

Thank you all for replying. I think I'm gonna skip them this time.. there are other offers that seem more lucrative.

Message 45 of 58
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Just wanted to confirm that I applied for membership and it was a SP on Equifax.

BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 46 of 58
westcoastpirate
Contributor

@TXinandout wrote:

Just wanted to confirm that I applied for membership and it was a SP on Equifax.

Did you submit your application online or did you mail it in?

Message 47 of 58
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

I did online and a minute later went through EQ back door and saw the SP (about an hour ago).

BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 48 of 58
Involver
Valued Contributor

Just joined online and it was a SP for me as well.  Did not opt for the offered checking and have not applied for any credit products.  Checked EQ to verify.

Message 49 of 58
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Involver wrote:

Just joined online and it was a SP for me as well.  Did not opt for the offered checking and have not applied for any credit products.  Checked EQ to verify.

Confirming this as well; still waiting to see if they lodged a HP for the Shared secured loan I opened with them, but opening the account online was a SP on EQ as verified by annualcreditreport pull:

ND­ALLIANT CREDIT UNION    05/02/14 

        
Message 50 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.