Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Credit Card

tag
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Alliant Credit Card

So yesterday I finally got a Pre-Approved offer for the Alliant visa card... 2.9% on BT and purchases for 9 months with no balance transfer fees (nice). Rate adjusts to 10.24% after which is still as good as my best card. I opened my alliant account about a year ago, carry about $5k in savings there. They pull EQ right? My EQ is about 710, mostly due to high utilization 44%, and a charge off from 2003 that will disappear late this year.

My question is, is this card worth apping for with my credit? I know the util is high. Highest current credit limit is $9500 from Chase Freedom.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

Re: Alliant Credit Card

If you're pre-approved, it looks like they will run it through.  The bigger question is if you need the card.  If not, let it go.  If you do need it, you can run the pre-approval by their csrs to ensure that it will be accepted.  Some csrs will give you a "hint" of probability of success.  I do have the card and Alliant has been fantastic.

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant Credit Card

If you do get it, I hope you get a good CL. I got approve with them last year in April for 500. No CLI without hard pull so its been SD. I really could care less if they close the card.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.