Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Credit Union App Question

tag
headspin
New Contributor

Alliant Credit Union App Question

Just went on Alliant's website and applied for membership hoping to be approved for one of their credit cards.  I got the message,"someone will contact you in 3-5 days", so I called.  I don't think I called the correct number because the person said that they do not work in the membership department, but told me that applications are never instant approvals.  (From reading through previous threads it seems that most applicants do get an instant approval righ?)  Anyway she said I had to fax over 3 forms of ID before they could process any futher.  My question is can someone provide me with the number to reach an actaul loan officer who can review my application?  Also am I reading correct that a lot of people here get instant approvals??
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
kyobakes
New Contributor

Re: Alliant Credit Union App Question

they may have changed their system.  I became a member in the beginning of may and got the 3-5 day msg.  I was never contacted, just recieved welcoming info in the mail.  No offers for cards, nothing.  That's okay, though.  All i wanted was a savings.  I think that once you become a member, you have to apply again for the card.

strange though that they want 3 forms of id.  I never had to do that.

Message 2 of 13
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

@kyobakes wrote:

they may have changed their system.  I became a member in the beginning of may and got the 3-5 day msg.  I was never contacted, just recieved welcoming info in the mail.  No offers for cards, nothing.  That's okay, though.  All i wanted was a savings.  I think that once you become a member, you have to apply again for the card.

strange though that they want 3 forms of id.  I never had to do that.

Kyobakes, how long did it take you to receive your info in the mail? I applied exactly one week ago, and received the 3 to 5 day message. Then 4 days later I received a generic "Welcome to Alliant" email, so I figured I was approved and just hadn't received the package yet. I wanted to wait before calling them, figuring it should come any day...

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you received a welcome email from Alliant, that means they have approved you for the savings/checking acct you applied for. I too applied online and got the 3-5day, and received the welcome package about a week after applying. However, it can take longer if they need more info from you. I hope this helps..
Message 4 of 13
headspin
New Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I'm confused though because I was reading this thread, Alliant Credit Union TIPS - APP & FICO Survey Results, and it seems that some of those people applied and got instant offers of credit.  Is it that easy, or do I have to separately apply for the credit card?  And does anyone have a phone number that goes directly to a loan officer?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied in May 2009.  I was instantly approved for a visa and a car loan. 

Call 800-328-1935 and push 3 to get a rep.  Once you talk to the rep ask for a loan officer and you will be transferred.

Hope this helps, keep the thread informed of your results.

Message 6 of 13
cabana7
Valued Member

They have been bombarded by applications...Same thing with me 3-5 day message and no offers...0 Balances on all my cc accounts with no derog... EQ/733 score...I think they have tightened up a lot since there was information first posted on here....I was approved for a savings account that I applied for and have not decided if I am going to use it...they do have good customer service
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied last night too and got the 3-5 day message. I called this mornng and they said they needed the 3 IDs from me. So, I shlepped all the way into the office to fax them. I included a cover letter saying what we are specifically interested in (savings, Roth IRA account and decen limit visa). I asked them to call me to discuss this as soon as possible. I get home and get an email welcoming me. I am still waiting to hear from somebody on my credit questions. I don't want another bureau pull. We have applied for a ridiculous amount of stuff lately and I fear what the score is right now.

Seems like alliant is tightenng up. I still need the Roth, regardless of the other stuff, so it's not really a waste. 

Message 8 of 13
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
if you received a welcome email from Alliant, that means they have approved you for the savings/checking acct you applied for. I too applied online and got the 3-5day, and received the welcome package about a week after applying. However, it can take longer if they need more info from you. I hope this helps..

Thank you tiffanie! That helps a lot. Hopefully the welcome package is sitting in my mailbox at home. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@headspin wrote:
Just went on Alliant's website and applied for membership hoping to be approved for one of their credit cards.  I got the message,"someone will contact you in 3-5 days", so I called.  I don't think I called the correct number because the person said that they do not work in the membership department, but told me that applications are never instant approvals.

Weird. Did you apply for the right Alliant Credit Union? There are two different ones.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.