Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Credit Union ROCKS!

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Got Instant Approval

up to 2 online attempts.  app must complete online by the second try or be mailed in is what i was told when i called them.

for me they didn't pull on the 1st app where i failed the questions.  they pulled only once, and it was the second time apped when it completed successfully.

Creditaddict wrote:
you can apply up to 2 times? what about if they already did credit check and you failed the questions, will they pull credit again?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 31 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got Instant Approval

My suggestion to anyone who gets the "can't verify identity" message is that you check your Equifax credit file and see if it is locked.

Equifax is funny....if you ever "subscribed" to one of their services, they have this "cool" little feature that let's you lock your file.  The problem is that once you ever lock it, you cannot indefinitely unlock it.  From that point forward you can only designate up to 1 year for a "temporary unlock."  There is no permanent unlock.  And there have been many that posted that if they canceled their EQ services, the file "locked" on cancel, forcing them to resubscribe in order to unlock it.  Seems like a real racquet....a trap.

Anyway, once I "unlocked" my file, the Alliant application went through without a single glitch and I received the "preapproved" offers.

Message 32 of 94
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant Credit Union ROCKS!

@thebostonredsox wrote:

Uborrow - They do not require much documentation. You will need your driver's license number and exp date. The credit preapprovals pop-up toward the end of the process and it is automatic. This is because in order to join Alliant, your EQ file is automatically pulled, as is a Chexsystems report. They verify this info, determine your eligibility to join based on your credit and then match you up to any credit product you qualify for.

The credit card, if offered and accepted, requires no further documentation. The car loan, if offered and accepted will require proof of income (paystub), and all pertinent vehicle information. In speaking to a loan officer i was told that the pre-approvals offered during the enrollment process are largely score based. The higher the score, the better the offer.

At the very end of the on-line process, they will give you a .pdf file to save and print. this contains your signature card which you must sign and immediately mail back to them. They must have your signed sig card in hand within 7 days of your app date.

Thanks, thebostonredsox!  Great info, I appreciate it, as I'm sure we all do...

Kudos!! 

Message 33 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the easiest way to qualify for Alliant? PTA? If so where do I go to join PTA.
Message 34 of 94
Woolfman
Established Contributor

www.pta.org

there is a $25 fee to join the pta .. or you could search and find one in your area to join also . 

Message 35 of 94
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I followed up and talked to credit (SUPER NICE) she said she had to pull credit again because it was a different system, I agreed. they use a perical? score vs fico (I was a 610, my fico is about 630) the difference is this score goes all the way up to a 950 vs fico that's 850.

Anyway she said I had a lot of lates (from my bk) but they were almost 3 years old

the bk was almost 3 years old and they like to see at least 3 years old

and my target card was almost maxed (I missed cutoff by like 2 days, it will show $0 this month

and then some of my joint accounts were a little high she said.

so she would not approve a credit card today but suggested paying the small cards off (which they are when they report again) and work on some of the bigger ones to get them below 50% and maybe consider a secured loan with them if even just $500 and show them about 5-6 months of history with them and then it should not be a problem.

she said i could get a car loan now but probably wouldn't be worth it, get the score up to mid 600's and they could do much better.

Overall I thought the conversation was great, I liked what I heard, she didn't seem to be bothered by the big stuff like the bk and said i was doing great job since, just needed to get debt down.

I'm setting up weekly deposits into the account as we speak so I can grow history with them and I'm going to open a secured line and pay that off over the next 6 months to show them payment history. 

Message 36 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you belong to your local PTA (your kids school) this qualifies.

Also, when you select "local PTA" they do not actually do anything to "verify" the membership.  I am not suggesting that you lie, I am only stating that they only ask what you belong to but do not actually verify membership.

Message 37 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I try to join and then said member of local PTA it may go through then if i'm accepted I just spend the $25 to join to pta if they want proof?

Don't want to waste my $20 like I did joining penfed

Message 38 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

TIPS & FICO Survey for Alliant Credit Union

they will not ask for proof of PTA membership...so if you don't get approved, I guess you will decide if you want to join.

Here is a TIPS for Alliant Credit Union and here is a SURVEY for FICO score of people approved for Alliant Credit Union.  Survey thread is new so will take time to gather info.

IF you app Alliant, PLEASE post your results on our Alliant survey thread at this link

or this URL http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=153089

Message Edited by txjohn on 03-25-2009 03:22 PM
Message Edited by txjohn on 03-25-2009 03:22 PM
Message 39 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, PTA is the easiest way to qualify.  If you belong to your kids local PTA as school, you are all ready qualified.  If not, you may go to www.pta.org and join the national PTA for $25. 

You can look at specific app info and TIPS for Alliant application here

Link URL is http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=153067

Message 40 of 94
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.