Did you mean: 

Alliant Credit Union ROCKS!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant Credit Union ROCKS!

@olivegirl wrote:

Hi everyone, Smiley Very Happy

I am not new to the forum, I've posted a few times in the year since I've join. I'm a reader and sometimes a gambler. I played the hunch to apply after reading this thread.

I appd late last night for savings and checking . Once I submitted the app, a series of questions came up and I answered ths qustions. then I got the 3-5 days message. Following advice found on this thread, I called ACU this morning and was told that I was approved. I was too scare to ask any other qustions and was told that I would receive  my membrship package in the mail. The call ended. I got up the nerve after a few hour of work and called back. I was transfered ot the loan dept and spoke with a very nice advisor. She tried to assist my with logging onto skybank. Didn't happen, transferd to another advisor, This is when I got up th courage to ask about credit products. Advisor asked a few verification questions and then was offered the visa platinum 1500 limit ( I have limited credit. I am also eligible for an unsecured personal loan and a car loan. I have been on a cloud all day. But what really put me over the top...I asked about my score..a few points for the 700 CLUB!!  woohoo!!!

Thanks everyone for sharing so much good avise across the board. I never thought it was possible Smiley Very Happy .

Do you mind me asking how limited of a credit history do you have. Im on the same boat havent applied yet but i do have a limited credit history, just curious before i apply, 

Message 61 of 94
olivegirl
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I hade a few student loans and two small low limit credit gas cards nothing much!

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy  

Message 62 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

@olivegirl wrote:

Hi,

I hade a few student loans and two small low limit credit gas cards nothing much!

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy  

Very much Smiley Happy Thank You. 

Message 63 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did the online application last night and they sent me this email.

Dear pumbaablah,

Thank you for submitting an online application for membership with Alliant Credit Union .  After reviewing your application, I am pleased to inform you that you may be approved for membership.  

Please provide a copy of your valid U.S. government issued photo ID along with two other forms of identification to continue the application process.  Acceptable forms of additional identification include your social security card, birth certificate and documentation verifying your address such as a utility bill, lease agreement, voter registration card or vehicle registration.  For your convenience, a blank signature card has been attached.  An additional signature card and letter has been mailed under separate cover to the address provided on the application.  Please mail one of these signature cards and copy of identification within 10 business days to Alliant Credit Union Attention: Account Services P.O. Box 66945 Chicago, IL 60666

Should you have any further questions or require additional assistance please contact me at (800) 328-1935 extension 2217

Thank you,

Angelica Garcia

Alliant Credit Union

What you guys think? 

edited to remove identifying personal info
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-08-2009 05:54 AM
Message 64 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone!  I'm opening up a savings account with Alliant and need some help.  Where do I get the info for these security questions.....self service telephone pin and online banking access code.  I don't have an account with them yet, so I don't know where to get this info?  Thanks.

Message 65 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you are trying to login.  That won't come till after you open an account.  You need to "JOIN" first.  Then you will receive your PIN and Member numbers.
Message 66 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, I'm in the process of joining.  That's where I get the questions.  It's requiring a 4 digit self service telephone pin and a 6 digit online access code.  I'm confused...how would I know this until after I open up my savings account?
Message 67 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, I believe you are suppose to select your desired pins.  The phone pin is 4 digits and the online is 6.  This would be something you choose, not something that is an answer to predetermined question.
Message Edited by txjohn on 04-15-2009 07:49 AM
Message 68 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG, how did I not figure that out!  Man, I guess I think too much to see the obvious.  Thanks TJ
Message 69 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

We all suffer the occassional senior moment.....ah, things to look forward to Smiley Happy
Message 70 of 94
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.