Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Credit Union ROCKS!

tag
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

Re: Alliant Credit Union ROCKS!

I am thinking about applying for Alliant CU and was wondering if anyone knows what CR they pull?

Thanks for the help!

Message 81 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled EQ for me in WI
Message 82 of 94
happy0510
Established Contributor

Hi,

Can anybody post there scores, baddies, util, etc while still getting approved?  I am planning on opening at my local CU in a week but would def. consider this as I am a member of my daughter's PTA.

Thanks!Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 83 of 94
happy0510
Established Contributor

Disregard...found the thread!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 84 of 94
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

ficus wrote:
What is the nature of this concern that some people have over the CCC's of their already existing accounts getting nervous if you suddenly got a card from a CU? That they might raise their rates, cut your credit limits, etc? Or is it too many cards too soon that might make them figure you're about to pull an all around binge with full intent on defaulting on it all? Or that it's a question of competition between institutions? Has anyone reported any negative behavior from CCC's afterwards? Please state your circumstances that may give you cause for such concern.

+1

I have never once had any AA from bank cards after getting Christmas-in-July from my CU cards.

Caution is great; paranoia is non-productive.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 85 of 94
FICOMari
Regular Contributor

Ughhhh!! I just applied and was approved as a member but I was NOT offered a credit card!! I was offered the Home Equity Line, Car Loan and Checking Account but no credit card. Should I call? Do they need to have my signature card first before they approve me for a credit card?
Message 86 of 94
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

FICOMari,

What are your scores? I am thinking about applying but not sure if I would qualify?

Thanks for the help!

Message 87 of 94
FICOMari
Regular Contributor

Hi ewing, I only checked my EQ Fico and it was 743.
Message 88 of 94
FICOMari
Regular Contributor

So I decided to try my luck to get a 5K credit card from Alliant and I was approved!! Woo hoo!  I plan to use it here and there to keep on building my credit.  I hope to one day make the 800 club!!

That's it, I am done applying for a long while now! 

Message 89 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant Credit Union ROCKS!

We joined Alliant and they pulled EQ.  Received the Membership without a problem but received no offers of credit.  EQ being my lowest at 680 along with EX at 715 (Fako) and TU at 697.  Called and spoke with a Loan officer and was told that with a 680 I would probably get a credit limit at about $1500.00.  About 3 weeks later I called back after reading numerous posts and asked more questions and also spoke to an analyst.  They explained that there is much more to the review than your score.  To make a long conversation about Alliant short I went and applied for a CC.  It was another hard pull but resulted in an approval and a nice $7500 limit along with an additional offer for a new car loan at 6.1%.  I had below 10% utilization and my credit card limits were both below $1500.00.  While I was not asked for my income verification for the CC I was told they needed it if I wanted to proceed with the car.  Still thinking that over as we have a month to let them know without an additional pull.

Message 90 of 94
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.