Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Credit Union ROCKS!

tag
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

Re: Alliant Credit Union ROCKS!

I would call them. Not sure if they will offer preapprovals over the phone though.
Message 21 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the "Couldn't verify identity" message also

Well, I tried to join and got the "couldn't verify identity" message.

After reading this thread, I'm wondering if I should have tried Alliant before PenFed....but alas, I all ready app'ed for PenFed tonight.  We'll see.

I'm going to call Alliant tomorrow and see what the issue was.  I'm checking to see if my EQ is locked now.

EDIT UPDATE:  Yep, my EQ file was locked.  The crappy thing about EQ is they will only let you "temporarily" unlock the file for a specified period of time, and if you cancel your subscription with them, I have heard they lock your file down, requiring you to join again to get it unlocked.

I think this may be the problem on my app.

Message Edited by txjohn on 03-24-2009 06:56 PM
Message 22 of 94
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

Re: Got the "Couldn't verify identity" message also

That error message is usually caused by a glitch in their web-site. Call them at 1-800-328-1935, 24/7, they should be able to help.
Message 23 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EQ file was locked.  I had to unlock it before it will allow any new pulls.

#(*$(*@#^%^@)(          Equifax SUCKS!  Now their site keeps going down and I can't complete the UNLOCK on my file.  They are MISERABLE to deal with!  sigh. 

Message Edited by txjohn on 03-24-2009 07:00 PM
Message 24 of 94
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

Yup, that'll do it! Alliant will not pull anything else. EQ exclusively.
Message 25 of 94
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

Call the toll-free number and ask them if it would be okay to reapply on-line now that your EQ is unlocked. On-line is the easiest way to get the preapprovals.
Message 26 of 94
score_building
Senior Contributor

i was bounced the first time i tried to app online and when i called the csr told me that i could try up to 2 times to complete an online app and then i would have to mail it in if it didn't go through on the second try (but my first attempt didn't complete because she said after checking with loan desk that i must've checked the wrong box somehow on a security question.  my EQ file wasn't locked.)
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 27 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got Instant Approval

Well, I got my EQ credit file unlocked finally.

Then I went back to Alliant's website and app'ed again.  This time, No Problems.  Got instant pre-approval for CC $10K and Auto Loan 4.69%.

The CL isn't as high as I wanted, but we'll see if I can get it increased by calling in.

Message 28 of 94
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Got Instant Approval

congrats, keep us posted if you get the cli upon activation. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 29 of 94
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Got Instant Approval

you can apply up to 2 times? what about if they already did credit check and you failed the questions, will they pull credit again?
Message 30 of 94
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.