Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Credit Union TIPS - APP & FICO Survey Results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant Credit Union - FICO Survey Results

We had another forum member who had problems due to address verification.  I believe they lived in an extended stay suite, had been there for roughly 6 years, but Alliant likes brick & mortar permanent addresses.  You might want to call Alliant and ask....and they can provide you the info in advance so that you don't guess or waste a hard pull.
Message 91 of 279
xelda
Established Member

Re: FICO Survey for Alliant Credit Union

1.  what your EQ FICO score at time of app:  766

2.  what was your AAoA and age of oldest account:  3 years, 8 years

3.  what was your highest CL at time of app:  14,000

4.  any EQ derogs at time of app:  None

5.  what instant offers you received online:  7500 rewards Visa, 20K auto loan at 5.24%, checking account

6.  what instant Credit Limit & APR did you get:  7500 rewards Visa, 12.50% APR

7.  what credit did you receive through LO if no preapprovals:  N/A

8.  what verification or docs were required:  None

I applied immediately after applying for PenFed.

Message 92 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO Survey for Alliant Credit Union

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 93 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant Credit Union TIPS - APP & FICO Survey Results

Hey everyone. I just helped my father sign up for Alliant Credit Union. His credit is fair, not too good. Unfortunately, I don't have his EQ FICO score but the last time we checked, which was around January '09, it was in the mid 600s.

He signed up just about 10 minutes ago online, opened a savings account and no preapproved offers were offered, except for a checking account. Now he's at the stage where he fills in a signature card and mails it in.

The goal here was to open up a credit card for him, with the best rate and highest credit limit he can get. Any idea what he should do next? Should we just mail in the signature card as soon as possible and then apply for the Platinum Visa card?

Message 94 of 279
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Wow, I would never apply for credit without knowing exactly what was on my report at this minute and what my score was. Almost any report can be fine-tuned a bit to make one a more attractive credit candidate.

I would advise him to cough up for an EQ FICO score and report and see what's on there. For instance, if he lets balances report before he pays, his util could be high. Do early paydowns on his cards for a month, let them report, and see if his scores improve. (This would be if high util is hurting his score, as an example.) And there might well be other things that can be cleaned up first.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 95 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had trouble applying for a credit card online with Alliant?  I filled out the app and submitted it only to be taken to the next page that only had a link to their homepage on it???  I have no clue if I was approved or not.  They did put an inq. on my EQ report.  I went to email customer service and the same thing happened...taken to the next page and was blank, don't know if the email was acutally sent or not.  Guess I'll call them today.
Message 96 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is exactly what happened when I aapped their Credit card.  I was also concerned that the app hadn't gone through. Two days later I received a call from the LO and was told that I I was approved and that I would receive my card in 7-10 days.

They're just looking at your app.

Message 97 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't have any unexpected results online....I was offered instant preapproval auto loan and visa, which "I accepted."  I printed out the sig card and overnighted it in.

However, after nearly a week of nothing coming up online or in the mail on my cc, I called in and found out that they had no record of it.  They dug up my CR and a LO reviewed manually and approved me for the same as the instant offers, though he asked for my paystubs after approving it.

Message 98 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

An FYI for any Quicken junkies out there: although you can download savings & checking account transactions into Quicken, you cannot similarly D/L Visa transactions. This makes the card a great deal less attractive to me. 

Does anyone have a workaround? (I use Q2008 for Windows.) If not, this card is destined for my sock drawer.

Despite this, I love Alliant's high interest rates for deposit accounts! 

Message 99 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks sooo much for pointing out the Quicken download issue with the credit card.

I live on Quicken and did a search on the Alliant site to see if my accounts would be Quicken compatible but didn't discover this about the credit cards.

(off the Alliant topic for a moment - does anyone know if PenFed's credit cards download?)

Message 100 of 279
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.