Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Credit Union TIPS - APP & FICO Survey Results

tag
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

Re: Alliant Credit Union TIPS - APP & FICO Survey Results

@ocheosa wrote:

"Their eDepositPlus is a scan deposit system.  Funds are also NOT immediately available as cash.  They are held with the same term as a normal check deposit."

There was no hold on my deposits. I guess this is one of those YMMV situations. When you sign up you will be given your transaction limit.

Is this on the eDeposit or the eDepositPlus? 

Their website says normal check holds apply and I just called their customer service to ask about using that on my account.  They told me that the funds appear in your account immediately, but you can't use them until the item clears.

Message 181 of 279
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Underh20 wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

"Their eDepositPlus is a scan deposit system.  Funds are also NOT immediately available as cash.  They are held with the same term as a normal check deposit."

There was no hold on my deposits. I guess this is one of those YMMV situations. When you sign up you will be given your transaction limit.

Is this on the eDeposit or the eDepositPlus? 

Their website says normal check holds apply and I just called their customer service to ask about using that on my account.  They told me that the funds appear in your account immediately, but you can't use them until the item clears.

Hello, its eDepositPlus.

Edit to add: I just got off the phone with customer service and have confirmed my initial statement, my account offers immediate access to deposits up to a certain limit. When I enrolled in the edeposit progrom the confirmation screen stated the available limit. The rep said immediate access limit was for both edeposit and edepositplus programs. Any check deposit above my limit would need to be mailed and would go through the usual check processing procedure

Per Underh20's statement, YMMV.

Message Edited by ocheosa on 06-10-2009 10:05 AM
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 182 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

1.  what your EQ FICO score at time of app :    696

2.  what was your AAoA and age of oldest account  AAOA: 5 years , Oldest Account: 12 years 11 Mos

3.  what was your highest CL at time of app  6500

4.  any EQ derogs at time of app  1 paid medical collection in 2004 ($200)

5.  what instant offers you received online  Visa and Auto Loan

6.  what instant Credit Limit & APR did you get  $7,500 Platinum Rewards Visa (12.5% APR) and $20,000 Auto Loan (5.49% APR)

7.  what credit did you receive through LO if no preapprovals  Pre-Approved at the time of joining Alliant!!!

8.  what verification or docs were required  N/A

9.  Comment you think helpful   Alliant rocks!!!! I apped for Penfed last week and was approved for $5,000 Visa Rewards (needed to send last 2 paystubs) and thought I might as well app for Alliant at the same time and see what I'll get. Very very happy!! I am done with my CU apping and will visit both 6-7 months from now for an Auto Loan.

Message Edited by ephy on 06-12-2009 11:57 AM
Message Edited by ephy on 06-12-2009 11:58 AM
Message 183 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just joined Alliant and funded my savings account with $1,000. I did not get the automatic acceptance with preaprovals, so I need to apply. I was curious if anyone has been approved for membership but turned down for credit? I want to apply for a credit card with them which is why I joined. My credit file is pretty thin, but my scores are EQ 802, and TU 768. When I joined my EQ was 795 last week when I joined.

Also in an email one of their reps said if I apply for credit within 30 days of joining, they will not pull a report again, they will just use the pull they made when I applied. Anyone know if this is true?

Message 184 of 279
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I took 2 inq to apply for credit after joining, I think that's just wrong when banks do that, but whatever. done now
Message 185 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I am considering this credit union and am I correct that some of you guys are getting car loans automaticaly through Alliant? I have a 9.5% loan with a balance of about 6k that I would consider refinancing if it's worth my while. Any thoughts?
Message 186 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

1.  what your EQ FICO score at time of app :    674

2.  what was your AAoA and age of oldest account  AAOA: 5 years  Oldest Account: 10 years

3.  what was your highest CL at time of app  $11,000

4.  any EQ derogs at time of app  3 late payments (all in 2003)

5.  what instant offers you received online  Visa, HELOC and Auto Loan

6.  what instant Credit Limit & APR did you get  $2,500 Platinum Rewards Visa (12.5% APR) and $10,000 Auto Loan (5.49% APR)

7.  what credit did you receive through LO if no preapprovals  Already pre-approved

8.  what verification or docs were required  none

9.  Comment you think helpful   Surprised by the pre-approved CC and auto loan considering my credit score. I was not really looking for that much credit, just wanted to join now and build a relationship with them for future credit. May take advantage of the auto loan to re-finance. Application process was easy and encountered no issues. Looking forward to banking with them

John

Message 187 of 279
tbrowne34
Established Member

I'm interested in applying for Alliant, does being a New York resident make a difference? Also, my Eq fico is 722, 2 inquiries last two years, no derogotories but my credit history is only 1 year, average age 7 months, with $500 high cl and a $200 cl on first premier card. Does anyone in myFICO land  know if I would qualify for credit card with Alliant? Thanks
Message 188 of 279
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
I took 2 inq to apply for credit after joining, I think that's just wrong when banks do that, but whatever. done now

Hello Creditaddict/All,

My initial online app did not go through so had to call in to complete (total 2 inq on EQ, same date). Grrrrr.

So, I disputed the "duplicate inquiry" and Alliant was kind enough to agree to remove it. Didn't call anyone just set up a dispute through EQ. Wish DCU (dud) would have done the same. At year 1 that account & card are both getting the boot.

Not sure if everyone got the messsage, so here it is again "I LOVE ALLIANT"!!

aim smileys
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 189 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

1.  what your EQ FICO score at time of app :    802

2.  what was your AAoA and age of oldest account  AAOA:7 years , Oldest Account: 11  years 7Mos

3.  what was your highest CL at time of app  $1100

4.  any EQ derogs at time of app  None on credit, 1 bogus chexsystem, but they didnt pull chexsystem

5.  what instant offers you received online  None

6.  what instant Credit Limit & APR did you get  None

7.  what credit did you receive through LO if no preapprovals  $500 visa, 12.9%

8.  what verification or docs were required 3 Forms of ID. 

9.  Comment you think helpful: I was pretty surprised at the low CL I was offered on a card with a high FICO.  The LO told me it was due to only having one open TL on my report. I am not sure if I will even accept the offer. Also this might be helpful. I was told that if you apply within 30 days for credit of joining, then they will not pull your credit report again. This does seem to be the case with me, as I only had the INquiry to join, and not an additional one for the credit card app.

Does anyone know how often you can ask for a CLI with Alliant?

Message 190 of 279
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.