Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Credit Union TIPS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant Credit Union TIPS

If you check "I ACCEPT" on an instant offer with your initial application to Join Alliant, the credit card is APPROVED and will receive a card. Be sure you sign the Signature Card and mail back immediately (must be received by Alliant within 10 days of app). 

Auto loans, Home Equity and other offers may require additional income verification depending on loan amount, before final approval.

Message 21 of 74
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

(I hope I'm posting this in the proper thread.  The three quoted posts below were gleaned from the available threads for Alliant.  The emphasis in each post below is my own). 

Re: new online applications, txjohn wrote:  "Remember, their online process does not ask about income nor review your entire report."

txjohn also wrote:  "Auto loans, Home Equity and other offers may require additional income verification depending on loan amount, before final approval."

However, there's also this quote:

Re: CLI's, thebostonredsox wrote:  "Another note - CLI's cannot be requested at time of activation. The account must be at least 6 months old, and it is handled as a new application; hard pull, income verification etc."

So, for clarification...does Alliant require additional documentation outside of their online application for a new account after the fact, or not? 

From the posts above, it appears to me that a new, online app does not require additional docs for CC product only, but will require them for auto loans, HELOC's and others, and/or any subsequent CC CLI's requested by customer...

Is my understanding of this correct?   

Message 22 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clarification on Income Verification or Additional Info

uborrow -

from my experience and what I have gathered from others:  If you get an instant online offer for a credit card, you will NOT need any additional verification.

However, Auto Loans, Home Equity, Mortgages, etc. will require income verification before closing, even if they are presented as an instant online offer.

If you are NOT offered the online preapproved credit card or auto loan when you join Alliant, then you must speak to a Loan Officer, may have to consent to another hard pull and may have to provide income verification.

Long and Short:  Instant Offers on credit cards means no income statement or verification.  Instant Offer on auto loan means credit it qualified, but income will be verified before closing.  If you do not get an instant offer, you may have to present income verification for any product and will have to speak to a loan officer.

As for the "No CLI for 6 months" that thebostonredsox reported, I'm going to test that out to see if that was based upon his app or a hard rule.  I was instant approved for $10K and I'm going to request increase to $20K once I get the card and my account and membership are active.  I just EXPRESS MAILED my signature card yesterday....they'll have today, hopefully I will be active tomorrow (membership) and can possibly speak to somebody. 

Message Edited by txjohn on 03-26-2009 04:52 AM
Message 23 of 74
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Clarification on Income Verification or Additional Info

Thanks for the clarification, txjohn! Much appreciated!!

Curiously though, I haven't seen any posts here by anyone who has been with Alliant for any length of time past the application process. Is anyone on these boards an established member of Alliant, with some longevity? I'd like to know how they've done, longterm.

Message 24 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too!  I only became aware of them this week when researching best credit cards to apply for.
Message 25 of 74
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Just found out that my membership app was approved, signature card is in the mail, need to sign then send back, and then they will be able to dicuss what they are able to for me as far as a personal loan.

I'll keep you all updated.

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 26 of 74
TerrenceATL
Contributor

Does anyone know if you only select the savings/share acct when joining if they will still pull chexsystems if you don't apply for a checking account?

6/1/2008 EQ -634
9/12/08 EX 691 * TU 689
10/02/08 EQ 677
11/11/08 TU 669 * EQ 668
1/15/09 EX 759 * EQ 788
9/24/09 EQ 761 * EX 729 (from NFCU loan app) * TU 666
Message 27 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would assume yes to be on the safe side.  However, you have great EQ FICO, so if you can spare the inquiry, you might see what happens and then please post results.

And great job on the FICO's, you must be working on it hard!

Message Edited by txjohn on 03-26-2009 07:28 AM
Message Edited by txjohn on 03-26-2009 07:29 AM
Message 28 of 74
mt2va
Established Contributor

Okay so what does the I'll hear from them by mail in 5-7 days mean?  I mean how could I not be approved for a savings account?  That's all I picked.  My scores are in the high 500s.  I didn't ask for anything but a savings account due to their great interest rate. I thought CU were supposed to be so much easier to deal with.  I've never been turned down for a savings (or checking account for that matter) before.  I've had them at various major banks in the past.  I recently pulled my Chex systems report & there is nothing on it.  EQ is my best report & I guess I just wasted an inquiry.   Now back to waiting on my NFCU membership & hoping they won't deny me a savings account too. 
Message Edited by mt2va on 03-26-2009 10:53 AM
Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 29 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easier doesn't always mean automatic.  Do you have any past "banking baddies" from a checking or savings account that would be on ChexSystems?

You might want to call Alliant and speak with a CSR or Loan Officer and ask your very question.

What type of derogs do you have on your CR? 

Message 30 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.