Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant FYI **UPDATE**

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant FYI **UPDATE**

Here's a bit of info that may prove useful. I joined Alliant credit union on Thursday,received no pre-approvals online. I called and spoke with a very nice young lady named Shay. I asked her if I don't want to app now for any credit products,if I called back next week would they have to do another hard pull.

She honestly told me she did not know and if I didn't mind holding she would find out for me. After a few minutes,she came back and said "If you app for credit products within a 30 day period of membership,we do not pull another bureau".

Sooo,I may go for it next week:

Just happy to find out I have clean chexsystemSmiley Wink

Message Edited by johnnybear on 07-22-2009 10:04 AM
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Alliant FYI

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's a bit of info that may prove useful. I joined Alliant credit union on Thursday,received no pre-approvals online. I called and spoke with a very nice young lady named Shay. I asked her if I don't want to app now for any credit products,if I called back next week would they have to do another hard pull.

She honestly told me she did not know and if I didn't mind holding she would find out for me. After a few minutes,she came back and said "If you app for credit products within a 30 day period of membership,we do not pull another bureau".

Sooo,I may go for it next week:

Just happy to find out I have clean chexsystemSmiley Wink

That agrees with what others have been told.
Message 2 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

It also disagrees with what some others have been told at Alliant. I think it is somehow going to depend on the loan office you get because Michael from Alliant told me absolutely not, I had to have another bureau pull of I could not have the visa. He told my daughter exact same thing -- that there was no way around it. And this is recent as of a week ago, information.

So avoid Michael and you are alright.  Ask for Shay, she is your girl, evidently!

Message 3 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

IOW - If you hear a male voice HANG UP!
Message 4 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 2 hard pulls.  The reason I was told is that the loan department cannot access the membership department credit reports.  IMO, I think whether 2 hard pulls are initiated depends on the LO putting forth the effort to track down your CR or taking the easy way of just pulling another CR at his computer.
Message 5 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I had 2 hard pulls.  The reason I was told is that the loan department cannot access the membership department credit reports.  IMO, I think whether 2 hard pulls are initiated depends on the LO putting forth the effort to track down your CR or taking the easy way of just pulling another CR at his computer.

And I suspect that is exactly the case. Two hard inq's to get a CC is caca de toro.
Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

That needs to be stickied to the top of every alliant thread on here.....

Btw, thanks for the belly laugh. It was great!

Message 7 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That needs to be stickied to the top of every alliant thread on here.....

Btw, thanks for the belly laugh. It was great!

I try to inject humor here whenever I can. Sometimes it is appreciated and other times:

Smileys

Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

And you are doing a very fine job. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 38
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, JohnnyBear, goodluck next week hopefully this csr Shay can directed you to the same loan officer she spoke with when you call back, believe me it all depends on the loan officer it seems there are all type of different rules out there apparently which is ridiculous, for me last week 2 hard pulls and I tried to talk my way out of it extensively with no success.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.