Established Member
johnnybear

Alliant FYI **UPDATE**

[ Edited ]

Here's a bit of info that may prove useful. I joined Alliant credit union on Thursday,received no pre-approvals online. I called and spoke with a very nice young lady named Shay. I asked her if I don't want to app now for any credit products,if I called back next week would they have to do another hard pull.

She honestly told me she did not know and if I didn't mind holding she would find out for me. After a few minutes,she came back and said "If you app for credit products within a 30 day period of membership,we do not pull another bureau".

Sooo,I may go for it next week:

Just happy to find out I have clean chexsystem:smileywink:

Message Edited by johnnybear on 07-22-2009 10:04 AM
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: Alliant FYI

johnnybear wrote:

Here's a bit of info that may prove useful. I joined Alliant credit union on Thursday,received no pre-approvals online. I called and spoke with a very nice young lady named Shay. I asked her if I don't want to app now for any credit products,if I called back next week would they have to do another hard pull.

She honestly told me she did not know and if I didn't mind holding she would find out for me. After a few minutes,she came back and said "If you app for credit products within a 30 day period of membership,we do not pull another bureau".

Sooo,I may go for it next week:

Just happy to find out I have clean chexsystem:smileywink:

That agrees with what others have been told.
New Contributor
Smrtshppr43

It also disagrees with what some others have been told at Alliant. I think it is somehow going to depend on the loan office you get because Michael from Alliant told me absolutely not, I had to have another bureau pull of I could not have the visa. He told my daughter exact same thing -- that there was no way around it. And this is recent as of a week ago, information.

So avoid Michael and you are alright.  Ask for Shay, she is your girl, evidently!

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

IOW - If you hear a male voice HANG UP!
Frequent Contributor
illtakecreditforthat

I had 2 hard pulls.  The reason I was told is that the loan department cannot access the membership department credit reports.  IMO, I think whether 2 hard pulls are initiated depends on the LO putting forth the effort to track down your CR or taking the easy way of just pulling another CR at his computer.
I want PATIENCE...and I want it NOW
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

illtakecreditforthat wrote:
I had 2 hard pulls.  The reason I was told is that the loan department cannot access the membership department credit reports.  IMO, I think whether 2 hard pulls are initiated depends on the LO putting forth the effort to track down your CR or taking the easy way of just pulling another CR at his computer.

And I suspect that is exactly the case. Two hard inq's to get a CC is caca de toro.
New Contributor
Smrtshppr43

That needs to be stickied to the top of every alliant thread on here.....

Btw, thanks for the belly laugh. It was great!

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Smrtshppr43 wrote:

That needs to be stickied to the top of every alliant thread on here.....

Btw, thanks for the belly laugh. It was great!

I try to inject humor here whenever I can. Sometimes it is appreciated and other times:

Smileys

New Contributor
Smrtshppr43

And you are doing a very fine job. :smileyhappy:
Valued Contributor
tray

Hi, JohnnyBear, goodluck next week hopefully this csr Shay can directed you to the same loan officer she spoke with when you call back, believe me it all depends on the loan officer it seems there are all type of different rules out there apparently which is ridiculous, for me last week 2 hard pulls and I tried to talk my way out of it extensively with no success.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+