Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant/JFCU told me they'd get back to me

tag
jbh
Established Contributor

Alliant/JFCU told me they'd get back to me

(I didn't join NSA for JFCU yet as I don't want to waste another fee for a denial)

Does this mean I am likely denied? Alliant's app would not go through and they said they cannot help me over the phone regarding this. JFCU gave a standard 'get back later' message.

Is that standard for JFCU?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant/JFCU told me they'd get back to me

My Alliant app didnt go through either. I had to print out the application and mail it in with my opening deposit for my share account.  I wasn't even applying for credit, just a savings and had trouble. I sent my application with a letter reiterating that my credit was already pulled and to please be sure they did not pull another report/inquiry.  It worked out fine.  I can't speak for the other, but if they told you to mail it in, def. do it!  They have a great rate on their regular savings too. I think I'm getting 3.7% and during these times, that's really good!
Message 2 of 7
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My Alliant app didnt go through either. I had to print out the application and mail it in with my opening deposit for my share account. I wasn't even applying for credit, just a savings and had trouble. I sent my application with a letter reiterating that my credit was already pulled and to please be sure they did not pull another report/inquiry. It worked out fine. I can't speak for the other, but if they told you to mail it in, def. do it! They have a great rate on their regular savings too. I think I'm getting 3.7% and during these times, that's really good!

hey upupup, i just went on their website and their is no offer for a 3.7% savings or money market account. Where did you see it? thanks
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here ya go, not money market, regular savings:

Funny this came up, my HSBC account was at 3.5% but they just sent me an email saying it was now only 3.25%, so I'm transferring all of that account to Aliant.

oracles wrote:

hey upupup, i just went on their website and their is no offer for a 3.7% savings or money market account. Where did you see it? thanks

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 09-18-2008 10:40 PM
Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@jbh wrote:
(I didn't join NSA for JFCU yet as I don't want to waste another fee for a denial)

Does this mean I am likely denied? Alliant's app would not go through and they said they cannot help me over the phone regarding this. JFCU gave a standard 'get back later' message.

Is that standard for JFCU?

Thanks.

"app would not go through" --seriously, I think you've got errors on at least one of your credit reports, and when they try to pull them, they can't verify you.

Sorry if you've answered this elsewhere, but have you pulled all three FULL reports from each bureau (don't buy the scores, of course) and lined them up, side by side, and compared every single field in your demographics fields? If they can't match up the info on your app with the info on your reports, they'll deny you.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU has some good rates too, especially if you don't want to invest for a long time and/or don't have a lot to invest.

Click on the special savings and certificate rates for the best ones.

Message Edited by siangirl34 on 09-18-2008 08:51 PM
Message 6 of 7
jbh
Established Contributor

Hauling>>(Thanks)

TU (which was used with Merrick) has me listed with an L in the middle name, as was the mailer. I have a B

I thought I had that removed, I have to double check. I also had a non legit address placed on my reports (freaked me out) and I had that removed too. It was listed 3/06 entry and I have a collection listed 3/06. I thought there might be a connection but that one CA has my correct info from the original OC account.

Either way, they must have assumed I was somebody else. As for Alliant/Etc, using Equifax, I don't believe that is an issue. No other eq app had id issues but if I notice something fishy I'll act on it immediately.

I am going to get my free EQ report (when I get another denial from Partners First or JFCU)

Message Edited by jbh on 09-18-2008 08:57 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.