cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Membership Requirement: "Work" in Qualifying City?

tag
SanityKills
New Contributor

Alliant Membership Requirement: "Work" in Qualifying City?

The company I work for is headquartered in one of the qualifying cities listed but the branch I work at is across the country.  I have a phone extension with the same area code as the qualifying city.  Does anyone know if this would qualify me?  I put in the app but got the "a rep will contact you" message.

CreditKarma TU: 680 | Credit.com EX: 668 | Equifax EQ: 671 | Credit Sesame Simulated FICO: 736
Citi Platinum Select: ($6900), Chase Freedom ($3500), Amex BCE ($5000), Amex CLEAR ($6000), Barclaycard Ring ($2800), Barclay Rewards MC ($2500), CareCredit ($4100), Kohls ($1000) | UTL: 3.14%
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant Membership Requirement: "Work" in Qualifying City?

I think its going to be a borderline decision. Some CUs lists employers or groups and state specifically that the employer or group has to be in a certain city/town. If you dont qualify for membership this way, you can always join the Foster Care to Success organization which will qualify you for membership with Alliant CU.

Message 2 of 5
TATATA
Regular Contributor

@SanityKills wrote:

The company I work for is headquartered in one of the qualifying cities listed but the branch I work at is across the country.  I have a phone extension with the same area code as the qualifying city.  Does anyone know if this would qualify me?  I put in the app but got the "a rep will contact you" message.

I think you should be fine - it is the same company. Good luck. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 3 of 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

If not, you can always qualify w/a donation to Foster Care to Success:

How to join

• After you have become a member of FCS, use our online membership application.
    (International Membership? Read more.)
  • On the eligibility page select “I belong to the following association or organization”
  • Select “Foster Care to Success” from the drop-down menu
  • Follow the instructions to complete the application
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 5
SanityKills
New Contributor

Well I got a really quick denial letter (apped Thursday, recieved today).  So I guess that answers my question about being 'headquartered' in the area without actually *working* in the area.

FORTUNATELY, I was hoping for a denial anyway since I signed up for a TIAA Direct savings account instead while I was waiting to hear from Alliant. I've triggered an identity fraud alert with ChexSystems before by apping to two banks at once and was a little concerned.  Haven't seen any pulls yet.  Hopefully they denied based on the criteria before doing a credit check.

If I eventually decide I need to re-app I'll just do the Foster Care donation deal.

CreditKarma TU: 680 | Credit.com EX: 668 | Equifax EQ: 671 | Credit Sesame Simulated FICO: 736
Citi Platinum Select: ($6900), Chase Freedom ($3500), Amex BCE ($5000), Amex CLEAR ($6000), Barclaycard Ring ($2800), Barclay Rewards MC ($2500), CareCredit ($4100), Kohls ($1000) | UTL: 3.14%
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.