Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,998
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Alliant Question?

[ Edited ]

When i applied online for Alliant a year ago i had a paid collection showing on my CR an a bank account that went into the negative that was reporting to Chex Systems. They would only offer me a saving account which i still only have a $5 balance a year later. I tried to do a car refinances a half a year ago i was told i owe to much on my car loan. My scores are in the low 700's now but my Utilization is high on a few cards. The paid collection was removed from my CR an i paid the bank off an there are no more negatives on Chex Systems cause i just pulled that report. i wonder would they offer me something now?


Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: Alliant Question?


mjbfan79 wrote:

When i applied online for Alliant a year ago i had a paid collection showing on my CR an a bank account that went into the negative that was reporting to Chex Systems. They would only offer me a saving account which i still only have a $5 balance a year later. I tried to do a car refinances a half a year ago i was told i owe to much on my car loan. My scores are in the low 700's now but my Utilization is high on a few cards. The paid collection was removed from my CR an i paid the bank off an there are no more negatives on Chex Systems cause i just pulled that report. i wonder would they offer me something now?


Could be.  It'd probably cost you an INQ, but they might give you something.

IAALBNYL
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,998
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Re: Alliant Question?


O6 wrote:

Could be.  It'd probably cost you an INQ, but they might give you something.


 

They did car refinance 7.1% my interest rate with capital one was 18%. Personal loan for $5200 not sure if i will take that.

 


Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,754
Registered: ‎11-03-2007
0

Re: Alliant Question?

IMHO, There is a point to have Alliant for deposits (mostly online savings and Edeposit plus). Alliant has any good credit products.

 

IN VINO VERITAS.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,540
Registered: ‎01-29-2008
0

Re: Alliant Question?


mjbfan79 wrote:

O6 wrote:

Could be.  It'd probably cost you an INQ, but they might give you something.


 

They did car refinance 7.1% my interest rate with capital one was 18%. Personal loan for $5200 not sure if i will take that.

 


Was it a hard inquiry.  In case I am interested in a personal loan one day.  Thanks


Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,998
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Re: Alliant Question?


tray wrote:

Was it a hard inquiry.  In case I am interested in a personal loan one day.  Thanks


Yes it's a hard.

 


Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.