Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant Questions

I went to the Alliant website and found out I belong to one of their qualifying organizations. My questions are, once I apply for the cu,do I apply for cc's or do they make me an offer.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant Questions

IF the online application for checking and/or savings accounts goes through (think big "if" ), you will get preapprovals for credit cards or auto loans, depending on your scores and other criteria. If the application gets stuck, you will have to apply separately (another hard pull).
Message Edited by Ulan on 05-21-2009 06:25 PM
Message 2 of 6
kyobakes
New Contributor

I can attest to this:

I applied last week, and was denied online...and was told I'd be called in 3-5 days.  I never got a call...just a letter in the mail welcoming me.  They supplied the first $5.00 to open the savings account for me! Smiley Happy  However, i got no offers...but i dont' really want or need a cc anyways.  I just opened the savings as a way of storing away cash at a different institution for the car i plan to purchase...and i figure they can help me with the loan then when i'm ready! Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the savings and checking accounts online after reading good reviews on this cu. However, after submitting my application, I got the 3-5days response. It actually said I was denied due to info from my equifax report, so I'm leaning more towards my application being decline because I was not worthy enough to join =( I guess I wasted an inquiry just to be humiliated. I did file bk7 in 2006, which was discharged in 1/2007, and I have since re-established my credit with low utilization. I'm not sure why the decline, but I'm not going to bother calling either. I'll just wait for the letter in the mail.

I checked my equifax score today, and it's 629. Equifax also shows the Alliant inquiry.

Message Edited by tiffanie on 05-23-2009 10:00 AM
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for the savings and checking accounts online after reading good reviews on this cu. However, after submitting my application, I got the 3-5days response. It actually said I was denied due to info from my equifax report, so I'm leaning more towards my application being decline because I was not worthy enough to join =( I guess I wasted an inquiry just to be humiliated. I did file bk7 in 2006, which was discharged in 1/2007, and I have since re-established my credit with low utilization. I'm not sure why the decline, but I'm not going to bother calling either. I'll just wait for the letter in the mail.

I checked my equifax score today, and it's 629. Equifax also shows the Alliant inquiry.

Message Edited by tiffanie on 05-23-2009 10:00 AM

From my experience, Alliant is a good fit if your FICO is 680 or higher.  Anything lower will almost guarantee that you must go manual with a Loan Officer and you may or may not be able to get credit depending on your individual credit and income circumstances.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response txjohn! I should've waited longer to apply for the accounts, but it's too late now. I bit the bullet just like a lot people on this board did. I should've checked my score before applying, but I honestly thought my scores were higher than 629 at the time of application.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.