Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant and my application

tag
Camilion
Regular Contributor

Alliant and my application

I finally gave in today and applied to alliant credit union.....went through the online checking and savings applications...and set them up with no problem....i got no instant offers for credit card or auto loan....soo i further reached into my courage bag of tricks and called them...got a nice person on the phone that was willing to talk to me...we discussed the credit card..he asked how much i wanted and i told him between 10k and 15k because i wanted to use it as a balance transfer card...he said ok hold on a sec....came back and said (we are able to give you 15k....you just ned to sent me 3 forms of ID ..2 pay stubs and a letter from my employer stating i work there.

This i did and faxed it to him....he said when he got everything he would give me a call back...and to call him later today if i didnt hear from him...well..i waited until i got home and checked the site and under car loan it said approved ...and the amount..But under CC it said pending and the amount...

I called and a nother person there said that they got everything and it would be submitted to management for approval and i would hear in a couple days..

NOW this makes me nervous...DO you think this is a done deal or do you think that there is still the possibility that it can fall through>>???...I really really want this to work out'

Any thoughs..Or experiences from you guys???

Ride the wind for it will carry you...
Follow the stars for they will guide you..
Believe in your dreams..
For they are your hearts desires...
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant and my application

Don't sweat the small stuffSmiley Wink Your approved the question is, how much.

Keep us posted

King

Message 2 of 8
Camilion
Regular Contributor

the first person i spoke with said they were able to give me the visa at 15k and a used car loan..that shows as approved for 2ok...( i asked for used car figures)....I think it just makes me nervous that they might decide to go back on their word or something when it hits the big boss (managements) desk (((shivers....and is a nervous nevious )))
Believe in your dreams..
Message 3 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

Camilion, take it in stride they are a 'salt of the earth 'credit union imo.  Alliant is not like DCU for eg. in that they do not have a rep for preapproving and then snatchback at LO.  

i don't think i've heard of a single instance of a snatchback with Alliant.  unless there was a significant discrepency with info. reviewed i would rest assured that they will proceed as indicated.  even if they give 10k you can get that increased in short order.  they don't have low rate BT transfer AFAIK however.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

Camilion, take it in stride they are a 'salt of the earth 'credit union imo.  Alliant is not like DCU for eg. in that they do not have a rep for preapproving and then snatchback at LO.  

i don't think i've heard of a single instance of a snatchback with Alliant.  unless there was a significant discrepency with info. reviewed i would rest assured that they will proceed as indicated.  even if they give 10k you can get that increased in short order.  they don't have low rate BT transfer AFAIK however.

I'll second thatSmiley Wink

King

Message 5 of 8
Camilion
Regular Contributor

Thank you for your comfort.....this all just makes me soo nervous..i'v worked a very long time to get my credit nice and sweet..i just dont want to hit a road block
Believe in your dreams..
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Camilion wrote:
Thank you for your comfort.....this all just makes me soo nervous..i'v worked a very long time to get my credit nice and sweet..i just dont want to hit a road block

No worries, things always find a way too work themselves out. I'm sure you'll be approved for what you asked for or close to it.Smiley Wink I'm with Alliant as well and they haven't let me down yet.

King

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously, stop worrying. You are fine. I think they are just tightening up the belt on making sure to check people's IDs and whatnot since everything is electronic. I also had to submit 3 forms of ID. I had to break out the ole passport in fact. My fico was 680 when I got in to Alliant and I got approved for a $15,000 visa when I only requested 10k. So, really, they are approving you, it is just about how much.

Congrats! I am another satisfied Alliant member. I'm sure the PTA is enjoying everybody's membership, too. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.