Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant asking for new application

tag
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Alliant asking for new application

I have been an Alliant member since Aug. 2009.  I have made heavy use of both their banking and credit products.  I currently have checking, savings, LOC, CC, and motorcycle loan; never late, always PIF (except for M/C loan).

Yesterday I received a telephone call from the lady who originally opened my account.  I know this because that's how she introduced herself.  She requested that I fill out a NEW application as they are updating their records and need a new signature on file.  Of course I agreed and she has sent the app. via email with instructions to mail it to her at Alliant's address.

I thought this was rather unusual.  Has anyone else gotten this request from Alliant?

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant asking for new application

I'm blatantly paranoid about receiving any unexpected calls from anyone asking for updated information.

Before doing anything else, I'd place a call to Alliant to verify with them that this woman actually works there, and that the need for updated info is legit.

Don't use any address or phone number outside of ones you already have in hand that were mailed to you previously by Alliant. 

Like I said, I'm paranoid about this stuff, but IMO, better that way than getting your ID/banking info stolen.

Message 2 of 6
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Thanks Ub-Up!

I fully agree.  There are some really elaborate scams circulating that should make EVERYONE suspect of this type behavior.

So, I did call Alliant and verified employment first.  Then asked to speak with her.  I pointblank asked what was the problem since I had completed an application when I joined.  I further asked if there was Adverse Action pending and was that the reason.  She said that there was no AA pending and that I was a "valued member" (translation: they are making money off me), and that they are verifying a random sampling of their members and I just happened to fall into the bucket.

I suppose I will accept this explanation and send the document.

Message 3 of 6
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Sounds routine enough, itsmeagain.

Glad it's all on the up and up!   Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Did they pull new hard for "new" app.?

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 5 of 6
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

No; but with all the credit products I have from them, they have pulled my EQ report more than I HAVE in the last 8 months. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.