Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant--declined :(

tag
honky
Regular Contributor

Alliant--declined :(

I got a generic form letter today saying I was declined for one of the following reasons which basically listed any possible derogatory mark. 

I knew I should have waited...just got a recent 90-late removed, but was hoping my 711 score would be enough before removal.  Impatience did not help me out any.  I know my score is going to jump pretty good when the CRA updates.  Too many successes with lower scores made me itch!  I was bored on Sunday, what can I say?

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Alliant--declined :(

@honky wrote:

I got a generic form letter today saying I was declined for one of the following reasons which basically listed any possible derogatory mark. 

I knew I should have waited...just got a recent 90-late removed, but was hoping my 711 score would be enough before removal.  Impatience did not help me out any.  I know my score is going to jump pretty good when the CRA updates.  Too many successes with lower scores made me itch!  I was bored on Sunday, what can I say?

What did you apply for? So, it sounds like you got a 90-late agreed to be removed but it's still showing on your CR? Is that your only baddie? How old/recent is it? From what I've read here, it seems like Alliant was easier to get than others like USAA.

Maybe you can recon after your CR updates. They might agree to only do a soft. I've read a lot of threads about them since I've been considering them for a CC. Everything I've read has been pretty good about them.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 7
honky
Regular Contributor

I apped for the rewards Visa(dont need rewards, but why not).  I asked for a ridiculous CL(15k) just to see if theyd counter closer to what I really wanted Smiley Happy

The 90 late was a recent student loan(November) and I was told it would be submitted to CRA in 5-6 days.  It is not the only baddie on my report, but the only one since 2007.  I also lowered util from 30-1%, but that hasnt reported after nearly a month.  I will try a recon, but that will probably be too late by the time this all updates. 

I have also been reading up on them a lot because I want a good backup CL to help with util.  They seem to be one of the best for CL/CLI and I was hoping that would help with any other primes I app for in the summer when my CR is just about 100% clean.

I knew I should have waited and Im kicking myself for taking 2 hards from them.  If recon doesnt work, Ill wait another 6 months to make sure I look more desireable. 

Unfortunately, patience is not my biggest virtue.

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 3 of 7
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Util was probably a big factor. I'd definitely wait for your CRs to update and call to recon and see if they'll do w/a SP. Just let them know that you had paid your CC and didn't realize that it hadn't updated on your CR yet. If they're as good as I've read, they should work with you.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@honky wrote:

Sorry to hear...Smiley Sad

Hopefully this denial will help you hold back when you feel that your iffy for approval! Gotta go in 100% confident!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 7
honky
Regular Contributor

LOL coming from LS..Ive seen your app spree!  Youre right tho

Message 6 of 7
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

I was denied a VISA as well with them. I requested 1,000 credit limit.  The letter today says the resans for denial are: Garnishment, attachment, foreclosure, repossesion, collection action, judgment or charge off account

Deliquent past or present obligations

I do have a paid Charge off from 3  yrs ago and a repo from 4 years ago and 1 paid collection.  Last late was over 2 yrs ago, I actually dont have any lates but I'm sure the charge off is considered a late before it charged off.

Several positive trade lines now.  AAofA is 3yrs

My score is 637

I was approved for a savings account with them which I'm happy for. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.