Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant or Dcu

tag
kugel
Valued Contributor

Alliant or Dcu

Wich one do i have a better shot to get approved ?
Equifax score is 674 but will apply in a few months hopefully it will be 690 or more
I have 4 accounts cap1 qs $5000
Credit one $700
Us bank $2000 all from Feb
And a recent Penfed promise $2500
I did have other accounts that are closed and payed from 2010
Baddies is A $1000 judgment satified payed and a co that is closed for $660
Evrege age of accounts is 6 years
I
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant or Dcu

The two don't even compare.  Alliant is a much better CU.  Even with no approval if you wait a year they will offer you a pre=approval.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mom just bought a focus on the Ford dealer using a credit union that is the one they suggest to the people who have very excellent credit but not a lot to throw down… however everyone w/just average credit gets the same interest rate so of course most of the population is going to say they rock, because they do.
The other cool thing is if you apply for a car loan they offer you a generous credit limit credit card with awesome balance transfers at the same time so it's the one two punch!
Message 3 of 9
kugel
Valued Contributor

Are they ok with a payed judgment on file ?alliant
Message 4 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I have Alliant and they seem okay. I honestly can't speak to any gkod or bad for DCU

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually did research on both including reading their financial reports. Nerdy, I know. I use DCU for loans, including a 8.75% CC and HELOC. Excellent car loan rates! On the other hand, use Alliant for their overall banking services and high deposit dividend. From your post, looks like you want to get some kind of loans, so I would say DCU since that's their bread and butter.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started out with several Comenity cards.  I began to read about the credit unions and pre-approvals for cards.  I got an account with Alliant, Navy Federal, NASA, State Department Federal, and DCU.  No pre-approvals because I had gotten too many new cards.  After a year, I had 2 Citi, 2 Chase, and other major credit cards.  I shut down every bank account except my local checking and checking and savings with Navy Federal.  Navy eventually offered me a pre-approval but I didn't take it.  I refuse to part ways with them though.  I wasn't too thrilled about DCU or State Department Federal.  Didn't seem like stable CUs.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a DCU credit card and the service was so good I opened a checking and savings account too.  Probably finance a house pretty soon with them as well

Message 8 of 9
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Why would you want either of them?

As for rebuilding all you need is couple of CC that you already have! Therefore adding either one of the CCs would not have any benefits! They both probably are going to give you a CC with low APR but also low limit. Both would require HP for future CLI.

As far as getting a loan for the future, having either CCs would not have any outcome on your loans!

I use DCU for personal banking because they are local to me and I’m very satisfied with their practice and service.

What I have seen from DCU is when people apply for loans they also offer them a CC to go with it, usually with the same CR.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.