Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant

Well, I just checked the online status of our joint Visa card ap and they approved it for the amount I requested, $10k. I am kinda in shock.

We did not have the easy road with Alliant that many of you did. I applied for membership, then had to fax this, that, and the other thing. Got approved, but just for membership, no automatic loan offers or credit cards, etc. So, I just got ballsy and submitted the online visa ap last night, knowing this would probably cause yet another fico pull.

I got an email from a LO saying they'd let me know. I emailed him back and laid out what our financial goals were at this time, and with the alliant card, I want to close out any other smaller, ccs we have that have an annual fee attached, which is like, ALL OF THEM, except the new Discover cards. I don';t know if our approval came before that email I sent him, or after, but all I know for sure is HOT **bleep**. I am pretty pleased. 

Good luck every body. Don't give up on Alliant, I am a believer now. Hopefully they continue to live up to everyone's expectations. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Alliant

your score?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I just checked the online status of our joint Visa card ap and they approved it for the amount I requested, $10k. I am kinda in shock.

We did not have the easy road with Alliant that many of you did. I applied for membership, then had to fax this, that, and the other thing. Got approved, but just for membership, no automatic loan offers or credit cards, etc. So, I just got ballsy and submitted the online visa ap last night, knowing this would probably cause yet another fico pull.

I got an email from a LO saying they'd let me know. I emailed him back and laid out what our financial goals were at this time, and with the alliant card, I want to close out any other smaller, ccs we have that have an annual fee attached, which is like, ALL OF THEM, except the new Discover cards. I don';t know if our approval came before that email I sent him, or after, but all I know for sure is HOT **bleep**. I am pretty pleased. 

Good luck every body. Don't give up on Alliant, I am a believer now. Hopefully they continue to live up to everyone's expectations. 

Congrats on your approval...Alliant is a great place to beSmiley Wink

King

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about that.....my Equifax a month ago was 683. Since that time I refinanced my mortgage, opened a new Discover card (limit of 6750) and did this Alliant stuff. I really don't know what my scores are at this moment. I can't afford to keep checking them at the cost they charge to see.I would assume the score has gone down some since I opened the Discover, but, I have not closed any cards (yet), so perhaps wit the high CL that Discover gave me, it actually raised the sore. I don't know. My goal was a 10k Visa and I have that now, so I can rest and stop stalking the boards trying to figure out how to maneuver to get it. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to tell you all that today, I had to talk to a LO. Even though on the website it said I was approved for $10,000 CL, they had to talk to me for whatever reason. It was to tell me we qualified for $15,000 if we wanted it. I only requested $10,000 on the applcation. So, sure, I'll take 15.

But, the really important info is I point blank asked him if they were running additional ficos on me since I just got approved for membership a few days before I applied for the visa and he said NO, anything you apply for within 30 days of joining is based on that initial fico.I want a checking account too, but don't want yet another pull. They said there would not be another pull. So, seems they have tightened up by verifying your identity and not just blanket approvals on the website, but the outcome is seeming to be the same, high limits and easy approval, no income verification or anything, 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to mention here that even though I was told by the Alliant LO that there would only be 1 inquiry on my credit report there were definitely 2 hard pulls. Guess with Alliant ,as with any other company, YMMV.
Message 6 of 8
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

On a somewhat related note, how do you get a CLI with Alliant?  I have yet to find the luv button.
Message 7 of 8
Woolfman
Established Contributor

in Alliants FAQ's it states that there will be an extra section that will pop up on your account page that offers you the CLI .When they want to give it to you
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.