Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost App'd for the Best Buy RZ Mastercard

tag
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Almost App'd for the Best Buy RZ Mastercard

Got to admit, I was soooooooo tempted to app when I was in BB the other day. I'm not interested in the store card and since I am a RZ member, I thought it would be a good idea to apply for the MC. However, I keep hearing that the CLs are pathetic ($300-$750). Just wondering what my chances are of getting a $2K+ CL with my scores. I do have a BK from 5 1/2 years ago and 2 other baddies due to fall off soon. Did not include HSBC in BK though.

EX 694
EQ 691
TU 682

Does HSBC pull all over the place or usually one particular CRA? Anyone have a CL of $2K or more on this CC?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Re: Almost App'd for the Best Buy RZ Mastercard

bump
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uniqua, I applied in April and scores on EQ maybe around 635-650 not certain. Short history and alot of new accounts.

They approved instant for 1k and when I called to activate, I used the backdoor number for Orchard and asked if they could possibly increase it. I said I was making a purchase that required more than the 1k. He bumped it to 1.3k and wanted to know how I got the number I reached him at. Umm, I had to again lie and say I had wrote it down back in January (that much was true) but didn't remember who gave it to me. It just said HSBC account services next to it.Smiley Very Happy

The APR is a bit high on this and the CL was probably one of my better at the time. Your scores are higher so maybe you will get something a bit larger.
Message 3 of 9
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Wow! You have one of the highest CLs I've heard of to date on this CC. Thanks so much for the info. I have 2 new accounts and a BK from 2003. Not sure how they are with BKs.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never filed BK. So, I am not sure. Good luck if you apply!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Uni.

I have 2k cl with them, called earlier this month to get a cli but i was denied

I recieved a letter from them yesterday stating for denial was that i had already reached the maximum total credit limit allowed

go fiigure, I use it pay all household exp, utilities phones groceries insurance and always pay in full before it reports to the cra, so i use like over 3k per month

but i do like the rewards, its very generous since they made me a silver member once i use over 2500 per year

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sucks. Definitely not a growing card then. I have had it for 10 months and have had one auto CLI $300 to $400. Maybe by 2016 I will hit the $2000 max.
Message 7 of 9
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Yeah, if $2K is the highest CL they will give, I'll take my chances elsewhere.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello Uni.

I have 2k cl with them, called earlier this month to get a cli but i was denied

I recieved a letter from them yesterday stating for denial was that i had already reached the maximum total credit limit allowed

go fiigure, I use it pay all household exp, utilities phones groceries insurance and always pay in full before it reports to the cra, so i use like over 3k per month

but i do like the rewards, its very generous since they made me a silver member once i use over 2500 per year

I got the same "maximum total credit limit allowed" letter and I am at a $400 CL, that does not say much for my chances of moving on up. I have a regular Best Buy store card.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.