cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost in great shape! Anything I can do before I garden?

tag
DBSH
New Contributor

Almost in great shape! Anything I can do before I garden?

Recently hit 700 on all three. Started out two years ago with the worst credit in history (no BK or Judgements) but sub 560 scores 

All of my baddies have aged off except a thing I dont know how to deal with from Convergent aka Sprint for $400 and some baddies from 2008 on a car loan I paid off.

You can see the cards I have below. I have 1 Inq in the last 12 months and 3 inq in the last 24 months. For some reason my TU has 8 inq in the last 24 months, but I cant control that. My util will be below 10% next time my credit card companies update. I hesitate cancelling my Merrick Bank card eventhough they have a preposterous monthly fee because I dont want it to screw up my total credit or util, but I may.

Is there anything else I can do except wait? I may be blacklisted by Chase so I dont want to risk applying for any of those cards and I dont want to waste an inq on something I am not going to get approved for.

This forum has been a credit saver, so huge thanks in advance.

BofA Cash Rewards: $15,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $9,000; Discover IT $15,000; Amex BCE: $15,000. Barclaycard Ring $12,000; Amazon $5000:
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Almost in great shape! Anything I can do before I garden?

Do you have any installment loans?

Message 2 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@DBSH wrote:

Recently hit 700 on all three. Started out two years ago with the worst credit in history (no BK or Judgements) but sub 560 scores 

All of my baddies have aged off except a thing I dont know how to deal with from Convergent aka Sprint for $400 and some baddies from 2008 on a car loan I paid off.

You can see the cards I have below. I have 1 Inq in the last 12 months and 3 inq in the last 24 months. For some reason my TU has 8 inq in the last 24 months, but I cant control that. My util will be below 10% next time my credit card companies update. I hesitate cancelling my Merrick Bank card eventhough they have a preposterous monthly fee because I dont want it to screw up my total credit or util, but I may.

Is there anything else I can do except wait? I may be blacklisted by Chase so I dont want to risk applying for any of those cards and I dont want to waste an inq on something I am not going to get approved for.

This forum has been a credit saver, so huge thanks in advance.

how much did you burn chase for? if it's not on your reports many have gotten back in again but some have been told the company took a loss in the past so no in future... I'm back in though!~

I would close merrick if you are paying monthly, $1500 limit is not going to make or break your util.

what would be useful for you?

discover?

citi

check the pre-qual for those.

Message 3 of 13
DBSH
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have any installment loans?

Three total: Car loan and two school loans (sub and un-sub) with a grand total under $10k

BofA Cash Rewards: $15,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $9,000; Discover IT $15,000; Amex BCE: $15,000. Barclaycard Ring $12,000; Amazon $5000:
Message 4 of 13
DBSH
New Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

how much did you burn chase for? if it's not on your reports many have gotten back in again but some have been told the company took a loss in the past so no in future... I'm back in though!~

I would close merrick if you are paying monthly, $1500 limit is not going to make or break your util.

discover?

citi

I am not sure of the full amount for chase since its two cards (one chase and one wamu purchase) but I would hesitate to say that the grand total is over $4k 

I dont know what would be useful for me to be honest, I would like to start improving the quality of my cards. I may have some trips next year so maybe dabble in the travel cards, but I am not sure if thats worth my while.

Message 5 of 13
DBSH
New Contributor

Got nothing checking Citi and got Discover It on discover

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many baddies on the auto loan from '08?

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DBSH wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

discover?

citi

I am not sure of the full amount for chase since its two cards (one chase and one wamu purchase) but I would hesitate to say that the grand total is over $4k 

I dont know what would be useful for me to be honest, I would like to start improving the quality of my cards. I may have some trips next year so maybe dabble in the travel cards, but I am not sure if thats worth my while.

If they're not that old you could offer to pay them back and see if they'll take you back.

If they're nearly off your report though.. I dunno. Maybe you'll slip through the cracks. It only takes an HP or two to find out!

Message 8 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you are in prime land for barclay and any GE backed cards.

I would probably go ahead and apply for the discover too.

Message 9 of 13
DBSH
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How many baddies on the auto loan from '08?

I was late alot. When I pull my credit though it shows I was late over 60 days once and none over 30 days

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.