Established Contributor
Dw4250

Almost never receive offers in the mail...should I be worried?

I've been reading about the plethora of offers from different banks (Pre-Approved; Pre-Selected; etc.) people receive in the mail.  The thing is...I NEVER seem to receive anything (save the occasional Credit One solicitation...yuck!).

Strange thing is when my scores were in the 630's, I was getting offers from Barclay's, AMEX Green and Chase on a pretty regular basis.  Now that my scores are hovering around 700...nadda, zip, nothing.

Should I be concerned about this?

Valued Contributor
Rhaeny

Re: Almost never receive offers in the mail...should I be worried?

Dw4250 wrote:

I've been reading about the plethora of offers from different banks (Pre-Approved; Pre-Selected; etc.) people receive in the mail.  The thing is...I NEVER seem to receive anything (save the occasional Credit One solicitation...yuck!).

Strange thing is when my scores were in the 630's, I was getting offers from Barclay's, AMEX Green and Chase on a pretty regular basis.  Now that my scores are hovering around 700...nadda, zip, nothing.

Should I be concerned about this?

Have you opted out in the last couple of years because for sure that would stop it.

As for not getting anything in the mail....nah it means nothing...LOL!

I'm glad I don't get offers in the mail because I have a trigger happy finger.

I never received any offers from Chase, Barclay, Amex, Discover, etc., yet I have all of them.

So nope, don't worry about it.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Regular Contributor
TRC2k13

I don't worry about it.

I got my discharge last May and opened all the accounts I have without a single mail offer.

In fact, the only mail offer I have gotten since my discharge was some garbage from First Premier that I believe had a $175 annual fee?

Seriously?

LOL

I'm gardening for 2 years... I fully expect the offers to increase once the inquiries and my 13 fall off my record.  If they don't, I don't lose sleep over it.  I have enough credit to meet my needs.  I'm single with no baggage.  :smileyhappy:

Valued Contributor
gdale6

Nope, consider it a blessing :smileyhappy:

EX Cred Ses 08/14: 767 ; EX Fico 04 V2 06/14: 775; EX Fico 08 07/14 778 ; EX Fico 08 BC 07/14: 800
EQ Fico 05/14 781 ; EQ MPM 07/14: 721
TU Fico 8 07/14: 719; TU MPM 06/14 706

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+