cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost never receive offers in the mail...should I be worried?

tag
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Almost never receive offers in the mail...should I be worried?

I've been reading about the plethora of offers from different banks (Pre-Approved; Pre-Selected; etc.) people receive in the mail.  The thing is...I NEVER seem to receive anything (save the occasional Credit One solicitation...yuck!).

Strange thing is when my scores were in the 630's, I was getting offers from Barclay's, AMEX Green and Chase on a pretty regular basis.  Now that my scores are hovering around 700...nadda, zip, nothing.

Should I be concerned about this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Almost never receive offers in the mail...should I be worried?

@Dw4250 wrote:

I've been reading about the plethora of offers from different banks (Pre-Approved; Pre-Selected; etc.) people receive in the mail.  The thing is...I NEVER seem to receive anything (save the occasional Credit One solicitation...yuck!).

Strange thing is when my scores were in the 630's, I was getting offers from Barclay's, AMEX Green and Chase on a pretty regular basis.  Now that my scores are hovering around 700...nadda, zip, nothing.

Should I be concerned about this?

Have you opted out in the last couple of years because for sure that would stop it.

As for not getting anything in the mail....nah it means nothing...LOL!

I'm glad I don't get offers in the mail because I have a trigger happy finger.

I never received any offers from Chase, Barclay, Amex, Discover, etc., yet I have all of them.

So nope, don't worry about it.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 4
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

I don't worry about it.

I got my discharge last May and opened all the accounts I have without a single mail offer.

In fact, the only mail offer I have gotten since my discharge was some garbage from First Premier that I believe had a $175 annual fee?

Seriously?

LOL

I'm gardening for 2 years... I fully expect the offers to increase once the inquiries and my 13 fall off my record.  If they don't, I don't lose sleep over it.  I have enough credit to meet my needs.  I'm single with no baggage.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nope, consider it a blessing Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.