cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alright guys need help w/ Amex or I'm throwing in the towel.

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Alright guys need help w/ Amex or I'm throwing in the towel.

Open123 wrote: 

However, I agree, that in your case, the prudent or reasonable man standard certainly doesn't apply, since it isn't at all obvious for you to expect your terms to change adversely when expressed promised that they would not.  Amex can review the recording of your conversation, and I'm certain they will either (1) allow you to return to your Delta with your original terms in tact, or (2) honor the verbal deal the CSR offered to you.

If neither, then you can take them to arbitration, and your 3 years will hardly be in vain.  Smiley Happy

May be I am misunderstanding the situation then.  I thought the OP was forced (because of the new "policy") to app for the new card rather than PC, and got a very high APR on the new card.   So the Delta card hadn't changed, right?

Message 21 of 33
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Open123 wrote: 

However, I agree, that in your case, the prudent or reasonable man standard certainly doesn't apply, since it isn't at all obvious for you to expect your terms to change adversely when expressed promised that they would not.  Amex can review the recording of your conversation, and I'm certain they will either (1) allow you to return to your Delta with your original terms in tact, or (2) honor the verbal deal the CSR offered to you.

If neither, then you can take them to arbitration, and your 3 years will hardly be in vain.  Smiley Happy

May be I am misunderstanding the situation then.  I thought the OP was forced (because of the new "policy") to app for the new card rather than PC, and got a very high APR on the new card.   So the Delta card hadn't changed, right?

Hi, yes you're right. Hopefully it works for me in the end.  

Message 22 of 33
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@LawStudentCivilis wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Open123 wrote: 

Are you saying that you have your original Delta Amex card and a new card?

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 33
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Let me just add this to the mix. I find Amex to be very friendly to PC and APR reductions if you chat with them. The phone can be tricky and you might get some bad information. That's just my take.

You might have better luck product changing with a chat agent for sure. The APR reduction can't be touched during the promo period from my understanding.

Use it well, and they will cooperate with you for lack of better wording.

Good luck!
Message 24 of 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@keithB wrote:

@keithB wrote:

You are opening a new account - they look at your complete credit history, not just your history with them.  Also, you say you usually always "PIF(pay in full)" - so then why are you complaining?

Not trying to be a jerk but you seem to forget to mention other aspects of your credit worthiness - at least in this thread:  income, history (complete), utilization, credit/income ratio.  You say you are studying right now, does it pay well to be a student nowadays?  Maybe this could explain your higher APR?

You don't mean to be a jerk? Well you are. I am seeking advice, don't tell me what I can or cannot complain about- if you can't ask basic questions without snark, then feel free to contribute in a different conversation.

I have never had a card with such a high APR.  They said my experian fico was 715. No I'm not a student, I graduated and am taking the bar in a few weeks. 

Does anyone know whether the regular CSR's have the power to adjust the APR's or their supervisors?

Hmm, well I would suggest getting the bar out of the way, get a job, then apply for credit - it might help you get more favorable terms.  Just saying.

Looks like I'm posting late on this one -

Let's remember to be respectful in your comments, as to not violate myfico's TOS and User Guidelines.

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Friendly-Supportive-and-Respectful/m-p/2797115

Message 25 of 33
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Open123 wrote: 

Are you saying that you have your original Delta Amex card and a new card?

Yes I have both for now. 

Message 26 of 33
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
Let me just add this to the mix. I find Amex to be very friendly to PC and APR reductions if you chat with them. The phone can be tricky and you might get some bad information. That's just my take.

You might have better luck product changing with a chat agent for sure. The APR reduction can't be touched during the promo period from my understanding.

Use it well, and they will cooperate with you for lack of better wording.

Good luck!

Thank you and I hope so!

Message 27 of 33
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@keithB wrote:

@keithB wrote:

You are opening a new account - they look at your complete credit history, not just your history with them.  Also, you say you usually always "PIF(pay in full)" - so then why are you complaining?

Not trying to be a jerk but you seem to forget to mention other aspects of your credit worthiness - at least in this thread:  income, history (complete), utilization, credit/income ratio.  You say you are studying right now, does it pay well to be a student nowadays?  Maybe this could explain your higher APR?

You don't mean to be a jerk? Well you are. I am seeking advice, don't tell me what I can or cannot complain about- if you can't ask basic questions without snark, then feel free to contribute in a different conversation.

I have never had a card with such a high APR.  They said my experian fico was 715. No I'm not a student, I graduated and am taking the bar in a few weeks. 

Does anyone know whether the regular CSR's have the power to adjust the APR's or their supervisors?

Hmm, well I would suggest getting the bar out of the way, get a job, then apply for credit - it might help you get more favorable terms.  Just saying.

Let's remember to be respectful in your comments, as to not violate myfico's TOS and User Guidelines.

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Friendly-Supportive-and-Respectful/m-p/2797115

Uh oh, are getting the ruler out? Who's in trouble?

Message 28 of 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@09Lexie wrote:

@keithB wrote:

@keithB wrote:

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Anyone who's not being friendly, supportive and respectful. Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 33
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@keithB wrote:

@keithB wrote:

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Anyone who's not being friendly, supportive and respectful. Smiley Wink

Smiley Sad Sorry if I was one of the people you are referring to that stepped out of bounds! Spending my summer burning the midnight oil and being confined inside will make anyone a little...cranky to say the least. lol

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.